Author Topic: Brocock ME 38 Magnum Question  (Read 1254 times)

Offline mickroberts

• Trade Count: (0)
Brocock ME 38 Magnum Question
« on: June 21, 2003, 03:45:34 PM »
I have a Brocock ME38 Magnum and i noticed recently that some new law is being introduced in the uk banning the sale of them and requiring owners to obtain a licence for them. This is because it is claimed that they are easy to convert ro fire live ammo. I am going to write to my MP to try and get him to put forward a case for stopping this law going through but i'm not totally sure of the facts. Does anyone know how these guns are converted to fire live ammo and how difficult it actually is? I would imagine it would be pretty difficult for anyone other than a gunsmith and surely this particular model can't be significantly harder than any other model to convert. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jhalcott

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 07:33:12 AM »
I have no idea about your gun, BUT from recent laws ,and the one about spanking ones child ,I don't think your MP will buck the trend. He MIGHT even send the Bobbies to your door! :eek:

Offline Elliot

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 11:52:04 PM »
The legislation to which you refer is a section of the new Anti Social Behaviour Bill. There is a section on air guns, they are raising the age a young person can acquire/use/carry in a public place any air gun, and moving "guns utilising self contained air cartridge systems." from unrestricted air gun purchases, to registered section ones, there are also a few other things they are proposing, like a £1,000 fine if a projectile is fired (by an air gun.) out side of the boundaries of private property.
Basically the media made a big song and dance about Yardies buying air cartridge air guns, and having them converted to fire live rounds.  :roll:
It appears that maybe a couple of dozen guns have been converted to fire.22 Rim fire rounds. But the company that manufacture the tandem air cartridge system asked the police to supply/show them how the conversions were carried out, so that they might change the design of the gun to prevent future conversions.
However the police were unable to find any to show them.  :?
The politicians were debating the anti-social bill on Tuesday just past, but they ran out of parliamentary time, this means that the Bill will either have to be passed into law as is, or the Bill will have to be rescheduled for the next session of Parliament (after the summer break).  :roll:
Good here isn't it.
Elliot.