Author Topic: Single shot bore guides?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline jpuke

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
Single shot bore guides?
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:21:56 AM »
What do you guys use for bore guides with single shots?  Looking around the net there's plenty for bolt guns but not really any that would be what I want.  Looking for something to use in a 45/70 handi-rifle and a 45/70 Ruger No.1.  Any input appreciated.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Single shot bore guides?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:06:42 AM »
There are some bore guides listed in the FAQs and Help sticky in the NEF/H&R rifle forum, Sinclair makes some that a specific to the Handi and the Ruger.

Tim

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=RGHR&type=store

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=RG5X&type=store
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline IOWA DON

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »
This is what I use for my Thompson-Center TCR-87's. Such a device should work for any break-over single-shot (the other Thompson-Centers and the H&R's) where the barrel can be removed from the rest of the gun. My son-in-law built it for me. He probably got it done in an hour, but it would have taken me at least three times as long.

The cleaning rod is guided through the slot and the cleaning rod handle is cradled in the box that slides along the rails. I put a little wax on the rails and there is very little friction. I feel better knowing my barrels are not getting damaged while cleaning. It is a big apparatus but always goes to the rifle range with me when the TCR-87's go.

Offline IOWA DON

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 04:24:59 AM »
Another photo:

Offline G Curtis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:37:34 AM »
The BPCR rifle guys just drill out a cartridge case with a hole to fit the cleaning rod. Case can be shortened if wanted. I have done this for many rifles and it works well. cheep too!