Author Topic: Bushnell Elite for the 445SM  (Read 492 times)

Offline 300winman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Bushnell Elite for the 445SM
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »
I thought I had my scope search narrowed down to Nikon, Weaver, and Mueller.  But I walked into Fisherman's here in Portland, and started looking at Leupold and Bushnell in 2-7x.  I tell you what, the VX-II has nothing on the Bushnell Elite 3200.  Optics were identical, but not the price- VX-II....$300, Elite 3200...$180.  Safe to say the I took the Bushnell home with me and will be mounting it on the T/C Contender 445 SuperMag w/24" barrel.  I spent a little more than planned, but really liked the clarity of the Elite 3200.  Once I get it mounted and take it out, I will post my range report.
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bushnell Elite for the 445SM
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »
I doubt if you will need it, but:

Warranty:
1 Year "Bullet-Proof" Warranty. Bushnell will repair, replace or refund your money if not completely satisfied with this product.
After 1 year, Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing or material defects.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
I looked through a 3-9x40 Elite 3200 when they first came out at the local Wal Mart and it was just plain awful.  Maybe they got a bad one or something but it was a coke bottle compared to the Nikon Buckmasters and Vari-X II Leupolds I've had.  I guess I need to take another look at them sometime.  The warranty is nice if you ever have to use it, but what I've found out on scopes is that mostly if you buy quality you won't need the warranty, as I have never used the warranty for a Nikon or Luepy.

Offline 300winman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »
Well the scope held up and gave some good groups.  My 300gr Cast Performance load shot 4 shots in 1 ragged hole and 1 shot 1.5 in to the right(shooter error) @ 75 yds.  The scope was extremely clear, and held zero through out the session.  By far one of the better scopes I own.  But only time will tell if holds up to the 445SM recoil and bad weather conditions here in OR.  If it does, I might start mounting more Bushnells on my rifles. 8)
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!