Author Topic: 8 year old scores!  (Read 961 times)

Offline statelinerut

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
8 year old scores!
« on: October 27, 2007, 01:26:36 PM »
You will never be able to tell my little 8 year old that a well placed 223 wont drop a deer in it's tracks. Man am I proud. All the shooting off the bench I have done with him paid off on his first whitetail deer hunt. Got in the shooting house about 4:00 and 15 minutes later the opportunity arrived. 80 yards, dropped like a sack of taters. What a feeling to be there for my youngest frist deer of many. I am one proud dad right now.

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die; anothers life, anothers death, I stake my whole eternity." Horatius Bonar

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 8 year old scores!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:43:05 PM »
Congrats

I remember my first one and my dad was right beside me.   Great times. Enjoy the days in the woods together!

Offline K.K

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »
That's the best hunting story that I've heard all year! Congrats to you and your boy. My three-year old is too young to hunt, but he was with my when I went to recover, field dress, drag and butcher my deer this year. He was so into it, and it was so exciting to see. I look forward to days with him just like you had with yours.

Best,

K.K

Offline smoky

• Contributor
    • http://www.cattletoday.com/sscc
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 05:09:27 PM »
Congratulations to both of you!!!!

My 6 year old daughter will be ready in a year or two and I can't wait.

The most beautiful part of the whole thing is that kids that are exposed to hunting, fishing, trapping, as well as animal agriculture grow up experiencing life and death, guns, work ethic, and a general lifestyle that more times than not strengthens them into grounded quality adults.

Regards,

Smoky
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Offline ccoker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • www.tacticalgunreview.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 06:33:29 AM »
cool
my son (10) took his first deer last year with a 223, Federal 64g sp

going again in a few weeks

awesome job!

I love being with my son and teaching him to shoot and to hunt is an incredible thing

two more little ones behind him :)

Offline smokepolehall

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 09:05:38 AM »
Congrats to yer son on taking a deer. Congrats to you proud Pa fer getting him started hunting!
Keep yer nose into the wind & slip from tree to tree in the shadows, you have come fer pilgrim! Miss Vixen & Miss Phoenix, I am The Vixenmaster!

Offline OLDHandgunner

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 02:58:10 AM »
Congrats to all you fathers, (mothers) and the sons (or daughters ) on your successful hunts. Two of my grandsons got there first deer on youth day last weekend. The 8 yr old shot his with his dads Ruger 257 Roberts ( with youth stock ) and the 10 yr old his with his own Ruger 77 Compact in 7mm-08. Both boys made one shot kills through the front shoulders. The boys and there dads are so proud. OLD GRAMP is pretty proud also. My 11 yr old grand daughter was pretty bummed out because see didn't get one this year on youth day. But she was looking for a buck because see had already gotten 2 doe's from the last 2 years.
So keep those young hunters interested and keep them hunting & shooting.
       GOOD  LUCK  TO  ALL  IN  REGULAR  HUNTING  SEASON

Offline a45gunslinger

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.zippyvideos.com/8333718701028686/000_0452/
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 06:03:04 AM »
Great job to both of you...Nice shot young man - Kevin