Author Topic: Romney and Christians...  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Romney and Christians...
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 06:14:01 AM »
As a Christian I'd as soon have a Mormon as a Catholic.

As a Christian, I'd rather have neither the Mormon nor the catholic. Neither would be a good trade off.

Your comment does not sound very Christian like! I know some folks who never step into a church yet their daily actions towards their fellow man is more Christian than some one who sits in the front pew every sunday and then goes out and breaks every comandment in the book and yet calls him or herself a Christian.

Being a Christian has nothing to do with your seating location in a church, and Hell will be full of good people, whom performed good deeds on this earth. Being a Christian, is recognizing and "practicing" SOUND DOCTRINE, and knowing the difference from it, and BAD DOCTRINE. Practicing this sound doctrine is the KEY, and not all Christians fit YOUR discription of them, even when they make comments you don't agree with OR understand. Recognizing "bad doctrine" and identifying it as such IS scriptural and it is a Christian"s DUTY. What my comment "sounded" like to you, is of no consequence to me, as it is obvious you do not understand WHY I made the comment. You are not QUALIFIED to judge me, only my sin, and then you have to properly recognize it as sin. You have not. ;)

And by the way GB, I am in total agreement with your post. I would opt for one of the two less violent religions if FORCED to make the choice.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 06:37:23 AM »
What the hell dee do you think just because some of us disagree with you politcally we are out to persecute or judge you?   ??? ??? ??? All I said was your comment was not very Christian like and it was not.  That does not mean I was judgeing you or your church though you on the other hand do seem to do so. As far as my other comments on the post they were not directed at you but made as a general comment. I have no idea what religion you are and could care less but what is this doctrine stuff?  You may disagree but to me people who live like Christ wants them too by example and deed to me are more Christian than some one who knows every scripture in the book but does not practice what he or she preaches!

My comments about being in the first pew was sarcasm.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dee

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »
As I said, you do not understand what I said, or why I said it. And I recognize sarcasm when I see it, so not need to explain. ;)

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »
Romney signed into law the PRMA assault rifle ban:   Romney asked for a Taxachussets AWB after the federal ban expired.   Now he is a member of the NRA.   Cannot for the life of me understand why they let him join the NRA.   i can see the scenario now:  If Romney and Hillary are nominated, the NRA will ask us to vote for that putrid anti-gunner Romney as the lesser of two evils.   i ain't voting for any evil, not even a little bit. 

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 04:29:25 PM »
Well I got something more for you to chew on dee while your thumping your bible. Christ spent little time in the temple with the so called religious folks of the day instead prefered spending his time with the Thieves, Beggars, Prostitutes, Diseased and Sick and other sinners doing his ministery.

Offline Dee

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 04:31:43 PM »
Well I got something more for you to chew on dee while your thumping your bible. Christ spent little time in the temple with the so called religious folks of the day instead prefered spending his time with the Thieves, Beggars, Prostitutes, Diseased and Sick and other sinners doing his ministery.

What's your point? ???

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 04:35:54 PM »
Figure it out!  Oh and to that list I forgot to add the Poor also!

Offline Dee

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 08:01:58 AM »

I don't thump my Bible, I read it. Try it sometime, you might be shocked at what you find.   Besides, I'm not sure how to thump a Bible or what purpose it would serve.
Now! All the above is true, to a point, as Christ DID spend some time in synagogues READING THE WORD to others, and cleaned out at least one, of people that were not practicing SOUND DOCTRINE. But, with that said, I fail to see you connection, as we are not talking about Christ here, we're talking about politicians. Evidently you thought the above was important since you brought it into the discussion, so how about telling us how it connects? :)

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 08:45:41 AM »
Dee, you're correct in that the original question was about a political candidate.  Where things got sideways was when Swampman made the crack bagging on Catholics.  After that the "Christians" jumped on that bandwagon and bagged Catholicism some more.  As a Catholic and a man of Christian faith I and JH45gun took exception to those comments only because they had no merit and were uncalled for to begin with.  Does your being "Christian" make you better than me?  I don't believe so.  Does my being Catholic make me better than you?  No.  So, as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm respecting Ironglow's wishes to keep with the original question and not turn this into a debate about Christianity.

Offline Guy Pike

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2007, 09:18:35 AM »
I'll put the gun to my own head and reply that Romney was allowed to join the NRA because the NRA ain't what they appear to be. Oh, I'm also a member until March, when I let it run out . Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership is my club now. As a lifelong resident of NH I was raised to believe that all NH's problems come from Massachusetts. Have seen any evidence to the contrary yet!
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline Dee

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2007, 12:21:32 PM »
I agree Heavy C. Let's beat hell outa the Mormon, and leave everyone else out of it. Swampman made a statement (his original post) and I agreed. Still do. Are YOU as a catholic better than the Mormon, and are YOU more of a Christian than the Mormon. I personally don't think so.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »
I think we need to NOT try to continue turning this thread from a politican one to a religious one. We've all stated our comments on would we vote for him due to his religion and some have commented that to us some religious affliations are enough to cause us to not vote for a person based on that issue alone. I admit to being one of those. But let's now move on past that and get back to political not religious discussion. If you want a discussion of religion in politics let's start a new thread for that.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2007, 01:00:16 PM »
Dee I will respect Bill's wishes and end the conversation with I agree with what Heavy C said.

Offline Dee

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2007, 01:24:03 PM »
I think we need to NOT try to continue turning this thread from a politican one to a religious one. We've all stated our comments on would we vote for him due to his religion and some have commented that to us some religious affliations are enough to cause us to not vote for a person based on that issue alone. I admit to being one of those. But let's now move on past that and get back to political not religious discussion. If you want a discussion of religion in politics let's start a new thread for that.

Point made sir.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »
He's a Yankee......so is Rudy.......

Well, I couldn't have said it better!!!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »
Lets see, of the last few Bubba's we put into the White House, one doesn't seem to understand what a secure border is, one thought 18% interest rate's and Haitian boat people where just fine, and another tried to re-invent the humidor for cigars. Maybe it's time for a Yankee to give it a try. As long as he isn't a damn Muslim!!  gypsyman

You obviously don't know anything about "Bubba's". Pappa Bush is a Northeaster by any estimation & that is GW's roots & merely planted in the Republic of TX.  Clinton was never a Southerner at heart & was never a "bubba". Clinton NEVER tried any gun control in AR because he knew he would be done right then. But once he got around his Yankee friends the real Anti American reared it's ugly head. No, I will not vote for anyone from the Northeast of any party.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2007, 01:06:20 AM »

Now, maybe I am an unobservant old man..

...But I have lived at various times, both North and South of the Mason-Dixon line...

I have found real good folks and real *^&%$)#$ ones also..no matter which side of the Mason-Dixon I was on...

The fact is, TODAY we are in a very mobile society, and many people do not live in the same area where they were born...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2007, 01:25:24 AM »

Now, maybe I am an unobservant old man..

...But I have lived at various times, both North and South of the Mason-Dixon line...

I have found real good folks and real *^&%$)#$ ones also..no matter which side of the Mason-Dixon I was on...

The fact is, TODAY we are in a very mobile society, and many people do not live in the same area where they were born...

Of course all of that is true. Before this gets out of hand, I did not say all Yankees are bad or ati-gun, I know several who are neither & are "salt of the earth" type people. But when it comes to politians, we have a different story. In both parties, Liberalism wins because that is what the majority wants .  So when I sa I will NEVER vote for a Northeastern Yankee, that stands.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2007, 04:29:36 AM »
Nomo;

Wow !  I hear you there, and can't argue very much.

Generally speaking, the northeastern political scene is rotten, being infested with parasites (liberals). But allow me to speak for the decent ones (conservatives).

The liberal bastions are the cities, while the rural areas are conservative and the suburbs split. We do have some good, conservative Congressmen  and a personal friend, Congressman Tom Reynolds, is a great example.
   Tom believes in all the traditional American values, is completely pro 2nd amendment and would get along very well with most of the guys on this forum, I am sure.
  I was a parts manager for an IH dealer in the late 60s, and Tom, as a college student at Kent state worked for me during summers.
     He showed much promise then and we became friends.
  Although he regrets the deaths of those students during the foolish Kent State riots..he places the responsibilities upon the rioters, rather than the NG.
  You will be hearing of Tom in the future, especially if the Republicans regain the house..he may become Speaker of the House.

Yes, Nomo we do get some good ones, elected by the rural regions..but they have to be in the house of Representatives not Senators..since the state as a whole ( or hole) is carried by the liberal cities.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)