Author Topic: Beretta pintail  (Read 560 times)

Offline gjs4

• Trade Count: (0)
Beretta pintail
« on: August 25, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »
Hi Guys.

I just bought one of these, added leupold rings and bases and a bushnell 3-9. I have also ordered a limbsaver pad.

I was hoping to get some input on good slugs( 2 3/4 vs 3", brand, model..etc), accuracy feedback and modifications.

I have heard you can insert a roll of pennies in the butt stock to cut down recoil- any idea where?

thanks

Offline nkhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Beretta pintail
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 10:17:37 PM »
Mine shoots Lightfield exp's into 2" @ 100 yards. It did not like Hornady SST's. It was suprisingly accurate with those lightfield, rivaling the accuracy I get out of my savage bolt action. My wife will be shooting my pintail with rifled barrel and low recoil fosters this year. She had a heart attack and can't handle the recoil  due to bruising action from her blood thinners.

Offline AiredaleTerrier

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Beretta pintail
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »
My brother has one that he shoots Rem. CoreLokt (sp?) in with open sights.  Don't remember the groups, but he has not missed anything he has pointed at, running or standing still out to 135yds so far.  We have not had to trail any of the six deer that he has shot with it.  All have fallen and died within 20-30 yards of being hit.  I know these slugs work, but they do recoil a good bit.  Can't remember if they were 2 3/4 or 3" though.
Handis:  357Mag, 7.62x39, 25-06, 308, 17m2, 20ga...