Author Topic: Sighting in a Mossberg 695  (Read 660 times)

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Sighting in a Mossberg 695
« on: November 12, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »
All I can say about that subject is OUCH...I was at a friend's house to sight in my Ultra Slugger and he asked me to run a couple boxes of ammo through his slug gun to check his sight zero.  He has a Mossberg 695 bolt action slug gun and a Eotech holographic sight mounted on it.  He handed me two boxes of Winchester Partition Gold sabot slugs to shoot.  While walking back to his shooting range in his backyard, I took note of how light the Mossberg was...At this time I did not correlate the light weight shotgun with the high speed sabots that he wanted me to shoot.  Well, when I pulled the trigger for the first time, I made the connection right quick...OUCH.  I have never been kicked so hard by a shotgun...I ended up dialing in his slugger but I vowed to never shoot that beast again...He can have it.  I sighted in my Ultra Slugger right after the Mossberg and what a dream that was.  I shoot Lightfield Hybreds and my slugger does not kick half as bad as my buddies.  The combination of a heavy slugger with a slower speed round is the combo that I am going to stick with...

I learned my lesson...and it still stings.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense