Author Topic: Savage 210 scope mount/ammo  (Read 1105 times)

Offline lonewolf_one

• Trade Count: (0)
Savage 210 scope mount/ammo
« on: November 26, 2007, 04:08:04 AM »
Have you 210 owners ditched the factory mounted, single rail scope mount? Maybe it's just my fat fingers, but I find it to be hard enough to load without the rail on that side. Which brings me to my other question...Granted, I'm new to this gun, but I find loading the 3" slugs into the magazine to be a bit of a chore. The 2 3/4" load easier but won't eject properly according to the Savage csr, with which I spoke. What are you folks doing/using? Thanks.  :-\

Offline lonewolf_one

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Savage 210 scope mount/ammo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:41:02 PM »
FWIW, I went to a two piece scope mount. MUCH better! In regards to the ammo loading...my frustrations seem to have been a brand/type issue. I'm neither endorsing nor discouraging the use of any of the following.....

Federal power shok 3" 1 1/4 oz. magnum - the source of my magazine loading frustration. The only differences I can see between these rounds and those that loaded with no problems are

a. It's slightly longer. 1/16 to 1/8"
b. The brass butt cap is 3/16" shorter than the other two. I believe this allowed the cap on the slug being loaded second to hang up on it's edge. With the other two rounds the caps were long enough so the round on top didn't slide across the edge and hang up.

Rounds that loaded with no problems...

Remington Slugger 3" 1 oz. magnum

Remington Premier Copper Solid Hollow point 3" 1 oz. magnum

Hope this saves someone the frustration >:( I experienced.