Author Topic: Close call with a doe in my toilet...  (Read 1863 times)

Offline unclecheech

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Close call with a doe in my toilet...
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 09:05:28 AM »
The old man across the street (300 yards) is nearest neighbor. The southern facing window of my bathroom has no neighbor for 20 acres. It was not black powder season yet, which is why I used my bow (bow season restarts on 12/1) the next day muzzleloader season opened. There was no safety issue, and was meant to be something to laugh at. My life as a transplanted Ft. Lauderdale resident to rural MI has brought on a lot of these. Like loading my pigs onto a trailer to go to the butcher. I would have shot them myself, but I did not have any camo handy. There was plenty of fair chase around the barnyard when they got loose. So that would havew been ethical? Would have made more sense than the hour we spent trying to round up the runtand gettin a cloven hoof to the head. I taught my kids that the season you are in (Bow, firarm, muzzleloader) matters to taking an animal. I coulkd have grabbed my .22, but there is no rifle hunting in the southern zone i live in, and it was bow season. I also taught them not to take yourself too seriously. Merry Christmas. May you see a pack of does walk by your bathroom window and not think "How can I harvest one of these beautiful creatures?"
"Yeah, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 10:56:33 AM »
I would have done the same thing.Its rifle season here and I would have grabbed what ever was closest even if it meant a colt 1911
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline beemanbeme

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 05:41:26 AM »
 Merry Christmas, Cheech. You're absolutely right, don't take yourself too serious, cause we ain't gonna get out of this alive.

The cliff dwellers don't understand what it's really like to live in the country.  Four houses on the two mile road I live on. I'd have to call a neighbor up and invite them into range in order to shoot someone.  :D

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »
I couldn't stand to live in the houses that have people right on top of each other. If you ask me they are building them closer every day.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick