Author Topic: Daughter's Handi Strikes Again!  (Read 424 times)

Offline MTGlass

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Daughter's Handi Strikes Again!
« on: November 16, 2007, 06:25:36 AM »
I didn't have to twist her arm much to get her to skip school & go hunting yesterday.

Reloading after the shot.

Another Bang Flop!

Show Off!

I was hoping to find myself an elk and I was pretty sure we would find her a decent buck, given how stupid the bucks in the yard have been this week.  ;)

We walked an honest five miles and had passed up a two point earlier in the day.  We were shuffling back to the truck for a late lunch, walking an old logging road we had walked earlier when we spotted a bunch of deer cavorting around up in the trees.

Knowing we'd be hunting in timber I left her bipod in favor of her shooting sticks.  When this amorous fellow finally stopped behind a tree, all that she could see was the front shoulder & head.  I was right beside her and couldn't even see him, until he crumpled that is.  Her 140gr Partition entered forward in the shoulder & exited through the neck.  I lasered the distance from where he landed back to where she shot at 220 yards.  This is her first deer & definately nicer than my first one!

Most of this one will be pepper stix.

She never did get an antelope, preferring instead to peddle junk food with her fellow Student Council members during a middle school basketball game.

So far, she is two for two with her Handi.  Two shots, two animals.  We may try for some whitetail does in the next couple weeks.

(Sorry about the camera date.  I've since corrected it.)
Cordially,

MTGlass

Card Carrying Armed American Citizen

Offline fanner50

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Contributor
Re: Daughter's Handi Strikes Again!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 06:43:20 AM »
That's a fine Muley ya got there young lady and a very good shot. You and your dad can come up to Libby and hunt with me anytime.
That's a lot better than my first. Congrats  ;) F50

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 07:00:44 AM »
Congratulations to the young lady and you to Dad! My daughter is now 18, at 14 got all the way to pulling the trigger on a buck, but couldn't do it. She is an excellent shot and likes to shoot, just don't have what it takes to shoot an animal. You have been blessed.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:02:28 AM »
Congrats again, that's a fine buck and excellent shooting!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain