Author Topic: Slug gun thoughts  (Read 519 times)

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Slug gun thoughts
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:44:35 AM »
   Well Boys,

I found a hand full of single shotties at my local gun shop and I know I can get anyone of them for around $50 ..And while my thoughts of a new hog pounding slug slinging monster. .. now my concerns are this , upon looking at he slug barrel options saw  that they do not tap them at the factory... Now having tapped a few rifles in my day , I have not done a shot gun nor one that was going to throw a winny supreme out of it ...

Are the slug barrels safe to tap for a scope (my guess is yes)?... But I have found its never hurts to ask  :D

Thanks in advance,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
Re: Slug gun thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:47:01 AM »
I think 12 guages are too thin. But I think the 20 guages have enough metal there
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:49:12 AM »
  Burnt  ,

That may very well be why the only scope ready option they offer is the 20 guage slug barrel .

Thanks

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:59:06 AM »
Rifled slug barrels can be had in regular weight "tracker II",
or heavy "Ultra slug hunter".
The heavy barrels are tapped for scope rail.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 08:07:16 AM »
 Parts,

Ohhh good news to these ears , must not have looked over all the shotgun barrels then ... I'll go take a look see now.

Much thanks

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 08:10:56 AM »
Opps ,

I did see that barrel option there parts .. thought there might have been some i didnt see down in the ultra section , was kinda wanting the barrel in 12 gauge ,less options with the 20 it seems

Regards,

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 11:50:27 AM »
The catch with a 12g ultra is it is in the 10g frame.
Its wider.
20g ultra is the od of a 12g so it works in regular shotgun and rifle frames

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 02:01:03 PM »
At what range are you hunting hogs? I'm not a hogbhunter myself yet but thought it was a fairly close range deal. You might not really need a scope.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun