Author Topic: 100 POUND ARMSTRONG GUN  (Read 600 times)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
100 POUND ARMSTRONG GUN
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:04:28 AM »
In the thread on British siege guns, several people expressed interest in them........ well look what I found!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8FJYqmGlys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtS4MhckWc

It still doesn't answer why so much flame is coming out of the breech, I have a feeling that these may have been fitted with a cartridge priming devise which is long gone, and they are using a friction primer in that opening, this could explain why we see such a long jet of flame shooting out the rear of the gun. in other photos of the 100 pound Armstrong you can see the deep recess and a bolt pattern in the breech, this would lend it self to some sort of priming cartridge being used to fire this piece.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 100 POUND ARMSTRONG GUN
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »
AArrrrr ,what ye be a doen thar ,Kabar ? I be a thinken i heard your peg leg a ponding these decks ! Do Pirate be a knowen your here ? :)
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:34:39 AM »
Avast!! I be uncoverred! arrrr!

Yeah Phalanx, you found one of my new hang outs!  ;D

And welcome aboard!
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
Kabar ,the site is gone ! I tried the ord. rifle on the Zepps but they were to fast :'( These guys have no idea what i am talking about.  :-[
I told Pirate you were hanging here ,I had heard about this place and i never made it ,its a big house .
Some of these guys here are real sharp ,i surfed around a little and there seems to be a place for everything here.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
Although it's not real obvious in either video, there is smoke coming from the breech in both videos before the gun fires, so they must be firing with a fuse instead of the original firing device.  Clearly some debris is blown to the rear in the first video.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill