Author Topic: What will the ACLU do now ?  (Read 770 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What will the ACLU do now ?
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:59:31 AM »

Georgia has been in a serious drought for several weeks. Gov Perdue calls for a "day of prayer", and led prayers on the capitol steps...

ACLU ( Anti Christian Liars Union) says they will sue for the Gov mixing "church & state"..

The prayers brought rain..Is the ACLU going to try to sue God because He sent the stuff ?

BTW: Some "Bah Humbug" types are already saying that the 1" of rain won't help, because it will soak in..Duh
     Tell the farmers that !
  As far as the reservoirs that need run off or seep-through water, with that inch of water in the soil..the sooner the runoff occurs..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
Re: What will the ACLU do now ?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:58:46 AM »
Tell the "Bah Humbug" types not to use the 1" of rain that fell since it was not important anyway.

Tell the ACLU to chase after the insurance companies to take the "act of God" clauses out of their property insurance policies.

Tell Gov. Perdue to keep up the good work.  At least he understands where our providence comes from!

Offline Almtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »
That 1 inch of rain might not sound like much, but if the reservoirs that contain water has a large watershed area, it will eventually all drain into the reservoir. An inch of rain here, there and everywhere else in that watershed results in a lot of inches of water.

And as a lack of any other way of putting this; the ACLU sucks!
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »
I was talking about that at work today, praising the gov. A woman at another table started arguing that the gov had no right, quoting seperation of church and state. I told her that was plain old lies told by libbies, dumcraps, and aetheists. We had words for sure. Sure got the evil eye for quite a while. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 04:28:55 PM »
Living in West Texas I fully understand drought and drought conditions.  As stated, an inch of rain is better than no rain at all, but in Georgia, like West Texas ,it will quite a while for the ground to become saturated before run off begin.

Keep praying and the rain will come.................

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:52:09 AM »
I am amazed by the hate for God in this country.  People who criticize officials for praying to, or even giving credit to God, do not extend that criticism if that same official blasphemed God or acted unrighteously.  I recall conversations during the Monica Lewinsky matter when I was told that what an official does personally has no bearing on his ability to perform his official duties.

The founders of the U.S. had no qualms about giving God credit for the blessings that He bestowed on us, and prayed openly for His continued blessing.  If the intolerance for Christians was prevalent in 1776 we would not have won the Revolution.  Our status as a nation seems to be decreasing in direct proportion to our national rejection of God.

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 03:30:41 AM »
The dumcraps, libbies, and aetheists  hate God because they know if they TRULY aknowledge him, they will have to admit that killing babies, and gay marriage are wrong, and they are having too much fun to stop. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 04:24:45 AM »
 Woodchukhntr and Powderman;

You guys have a much clearer picture of the current problems of this country than many of the so-called elected leaders do. If they even began to understand, they would turn from supporting moral evil, repent and seek God's direction.

In my humble opinion, the incident with the Georgia drought is just one more nudge, a hint if you will, that God is displeased with our national direction...but will these same "stiff-necked people catch on ?   I doubt it..
      So many weeks totally dry..earnest prayer..and rain arrives directly !

This turning away from God started in a minor way, when rebellious types found Darwin's message; buit it didn't really gain impetus until the extremely rebellious generatiopn of the "sickening sixties" came along. Since then many people were more tolerant of evil and sin than at any time in recent history.

Now they have come to the point where anyone with a clear mind that attempts to cal perversion or evil just what it is, will be denied their first amendment right and often punished for exercising them.
       For that very reason, I don't believe that those who need most to listen to what God is  telling them will even give Him a moment's time...

Hang onto your seats guys, I think we may just be on a rough ride for the next few years !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 05:28:07 AM »
Ironglow,

The further we stray from God's will, the more we will become acquainted with His wrath.  An example internationally is our support for the great Israel land give-away to the Palestinians, I'm sorry, the Land for Peace initiative.  Bill Koenig has written a book, "Eye-toEye", that correlates the natural disasters that have hit the U.S. as a result of our backing that plan.  It's a real eye-opener!  Hurricane Katrina hit the U.S. as Israeli settlers were being forcably removed from the West Bank.  The Perfect Storm happened while President Bush was initiating the Madrid Peace process on October 31, 1991.  In March of 1997, President Clinton invited Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat to the White House to discuss “problems” with Jerusalem.  While Arafat was en route, a powerful tornado storm ripped through seven states, with the worst damage in Arkansas, Kentucky and Ohio.  This was one of the most powerful tornado storms ever.  It goes on and on.  Once or twice may be a coincidence, more is a "God incidence".  These events confirm God's covenant to Abraham in Genesis 12:1-3 :

1 Now the LORD had said to Abram:
      “Get out of your country,
      From your family
      And from your father’s house,
      To a land that I will show you.
 2 I will make you a great nation;
      I will bless you
      And make your name great;
      And you shall be a blessing.
 3 I will bless those who bless you,
      And I will curse him who curses you;
      And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

My guess is that God looks at our participation in this matter as a curse to Israel!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 05:31:06 AM »
woodchuhntr;

Yesterday, Hillery stated that if she were pres she would stop aiding Israel so much and be more "evenhanded" between the only democracy in the area and the terrorist groups.
   She immediately received the endorsement of Hamas...

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 06:20:17 AM »
Either she doesn't have a clue, or she knows exactly what she is doing.  Do you notice how the liberals seem to prefer the terrorists over the victims?

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 09:03:36 AM »
woodchuhntr;

Yesterday, Hillery stated that if she were pres she would stop aiding Israel so much and be more "evenhanded" between the only democracy in the area and the terrorist groups.
   She immediately received the endorsement of Hamas...

That proves to me that she has never read the Bible. When we give up on Israel, that's when we are gave up on by our maker.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 09:26:47 AM »
let then sue !
how will they be made whole again ? what did they loose ?

If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 10:20:28 AM »
You know, it's hard to find someone who really stands behind the whole constitution (and Bill of Rights) these days.  There are lots of guys here who support an expansive, personal, interpretation of the second amendment.  Most of those same people start hollering and wailing when the same is applied to the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, or whatever.  The ACLU does the opposite.  They believe strongly in a personal, expansive view of the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc... but not the 2nd. 

I like the separation of church and state.  I don't care if people want to pray for rain, I don't care if the governor wants to pray for rain, but I care a great deal if the governor wants to make me pray for rain.  I'm not suggesting this is happening here, but I am suggesting I support those who vigilantly watch for violations or potential violations of the 1st amendment.  I support those who watch for abuses of the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments, and no public interest group does a better job at that than the ACLU. 

I am not a member of the ACLU, nor am I ignorant enough to suggest that everything they do fits with my beliefs.  On the other hand, in this day and age, standing up for our rights should be something we all support, and we should all stand up for ALL our rights. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 03:14:38 PM »
Theres no such thing as seperation of church and state, it aint in there. That was contrived by the dumcraps, libbies, and other aetheists. We are guaranteed the freedom OF religion, not FROM it. No govt can tell us how we must believe, as it should be. That woman yesterday had a lot of screwed up ideas. One was that America was formed to get AWAY from religion. Lots of misbeliefs out there. I applaud that govornor, and all that prayed with him. Til Amereica quits this libby PC crap, we are all in the crapper. The aclu is against everything that is morally right, and for everything that is morally wrong. They are dedicated to destroying America, no wonder the dumcraps love them. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :(

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 03:50:30 PM »
I honestly wish I could just declare things and believe them to be true.  Actually taking the time to understand the facts and realities surrounding an issue is a great deal more work.

In 1802, President Jefferson wrote a letter to a group of Baptists in Danbury, Connecticut, in which he declared that it was the purpose of the First Amendment to build ''a wall of separation between Church and State.''  That phrase went on to found the basis for the Supreme Court's testing of the "religion clause". 

If you don't believe me, here's the citation: 16 The Writings of Thomas Jefferson 281 (A. Libscomb ed., 1904).  I'd invite you to read it.

And, of course, that's to say nothing of the other amendments.  Should we just do away with them?  Exactly what makes the 2nd good, and all the rest bad?  Sometimes supporting the unpopular things is still the right thing.  Remember the NRA's whole "Jack booted thugs" thing?  Sounds like 4th amendment stuff to me.  Several around here support the Branch Dividians, who had a host of 1st, 4th, and 6th amendment claims.  The Constitution and the Bill of Rights grants us all several freedoms.  I will not ignore all other freedoms while concentrating on the 2nd amendment.  I would hope you wouldn't either.

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
America was founded by Christians, not aetheists, libbies, or dumcraps. Much of our constitution follows the Bible very closely, mirrors it ya might say. They prayed daily, including on state grounds and buildings. They never intended to exclude God from their govt, like the dumcraps would have us believe. God was an intricate part of the freedoms they enjoyed, and they knew it. God has blessed us through some terrible wars. America turned her back on God in 1963 when madelyn ohare convinced the libbys to kick God out of America. Since then our laws have been made by a Godless judicial system, students taught in Godless schools, and children raised in Godless homes, and folks judged in Godless courts.  The result is what you now see. The aclu supports gay marriage, killing babies, and everything else that is reprehensible to any of the Christian faith, they do support the muslims though because they too are Godless. After 9-11-01 America united, congress critters nationwide were seen praying in public, even on capitol steps, mayors too prayed. The aclu crawled back under their slimy rock for a spell. Then the dumcraps returned to Bush bashing, and the Anti- Christian- Liars-Union slithered out from under thei rock and returned to their evil ways. We need to get back to God as a nation, or we are doomed. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 07:24:20 AM »
  Powderman said it quite well ! I do not want a theocracy, no matter who is the leading theocrat..but I do want respect to those religious institutions that have earned it ..and a certain caution toward those that in every instance, when given the oppoprtunity, tried to institute a theocracy.

Any group that has shown a propensity for "takeover", such as the Muslims and certain denominations of the Christian faith that have been known to insinuate themselves as as "state religion" should merit a certain wariness by citizens.

That being said, the ACLU has lost any type of respect as a constitutional watchdog, and here are sone of the reasons:

1) (IMO) The ACLU is involved in "selective Constitionalism" in the cases they pursue..

2) When was the last time they sided with Christians against a repressive local govt. or school board ?
   ( the Constitution guarantees a freedom "of" religion..not "from" religion)

3) The second amendment is very clear..I have never heard of the ACLU rabidly defending it !

4) Hate crimes..jail people, not for any crime they committed, but for what they MAY have been thinking..
    absolutely absurd, but neither the ACLU or any high politician will touch the absurdity..

5) Hate crime laws are imposed arbitrarily,apparently guided by whether the "perpetrator" is a "minority' or not.
      ..never heard the ACLU even mention anything about it !

6)  The ACLU took "flag burning" to court and had it declared "free speech"..yet has helped to jail "cross burners".
 If flag burning is "free speech", why not cross burning ?
  I am not in favor of either one, but if the ACLU were intellectually honest, they could not differentiate..

7) According to the ACLU, producing a painting, graving a sculpture or renting a billboard to blaspheme Christian beliefs is "free speech",
  But a Pastor saying from the pulpit that so & so candidate backs immoral causes and should not be voted for..does not come under free speech.

8) If  Falwell's church invited politicians onto their premisis to make political speeches and collect money for campaigns
  the ACLU would be all over them..
  ...Yet Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton do that often..and the ACLU is mute !

9)  According to ACLU, Christians telling active homosexuals that they are leading a dangerous life (proven), that they would do well to repent and find a better way..is "hate & bigotry"
    ..But we don't find the ACLU anywhere nearby when a gang of rowdy homosexuals raid a church and disturb decent worshipers.

10) Has the ACLU taken up the cause of military recruiters or ROTC students who want such on a campus and are denied, while the offending schools are accepting Federal Govt, funds ?

11) Some far-out California public schools have required all students of a certain grade (5th, I believe) to study the Koran and wear clothing and learn verses from the Koran.
         The ACLU is defending the school's choice ...and condemns Christian prayer or Bibles in schools..

These being just a few of myriad examples where the ACLU only defends "selected" parts of the Constitution, I think
  it is a good time to make a point by analogy.

The ACLU and it's supporters CLAIM that the ACLU is the "watchdog" of the Constitution..

A) If you hired a babysitter to care for 4 children and that babysitter took good care of 2 of them but left the other 2 to
 play in traffic and get killed...

Would that person be considered a "good babysitter" ?

B) Back to the "watchdog" analogy..

Suppose you had a junkyard and a junkyard dog ! If that junkyard dog guarded the fenders and transmissions zealously,
   but let the crooks take all the engines and axles they wanted..would that be a worthwhile "junkyard dog "?

Keeping that in mind, Constitution wise....

Is the ACLU even a worthwhile "junkyard dog "??

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 03:10:56 PM »
Dang it Ironglow, there ya go making sense again, shame on ya. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D