Author Topic: Picatinny rail  (Read 497 times)

Offline ELJ

• Trade Count: (0)
Picatinny rail
« on: November 23, 2007, 08:44:17 AM »
I would like to have a Picatinny rail silver soldered to the bottom of the barrel, just in front of the forearm, for a laser sight for night time predator hunting.  Anybody know if this can be done? Will it hold up to recoil? If so, who can do it?

Thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Picatinny rail
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »
Good Idea, I don't know where you would get it done but the silver solder should hold up to the recoil....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:44:05 AM »
It should work just fine definitely post up some picks and get ready for the questions. How much did it cost? Who did it? were'd you get the rail. ect...
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 04:16:53 AM »
ELJ

Something that you may want to look at is the Survivor Forarm , it is longer than the standatd and has a large flat area on the bottom were a rail could be bolted on . also the forarm runs paralell to the bore so you do not have to deal with the tapper of the barrel .

The Varmint forarm may also be an op. as it has the removable slide for a bi-pod that could be drilled & tapped to mount the rail .

http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/h%26r_stocks.htm

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped