Author Topic: Buffalo Carbine Trap Gun  (Read 441 times)

Offline WILD_WEASEL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Buffalo Carbine Trap Gun
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:56:41 PM »
Hello,
Hope to get my Buffalo Carbine back any week now fitted with a 12Ga. 28" full choke barrel.  Does anybody out there shoot trap with their handi?  It has been a while since I've given my Lee Load-All a good work out and was wondering what loads others are using for trap shooting.
Thanks,

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Buffalo Carbine Trap Gun
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »
I know it's rude to answer a question with a question and I'm going to ask a few, so forgive me.
What hulls do  you  want to use?
What wads are you using?
Do you want 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz loads?
Light or heavy.  1150 or 1200?
Have you seen the price of a 25# bag of shot lately?  I put up my reloaders as it's cheaper to buy Win AA by the Flat than to reload for standard trap, skeet, or sporting clays.  I still turn out specialty ammo for hunting and shooting games.
If you buy shells.  Remember trap rules limit you to 1 1/8 oz max and 1200 FPS 7.5 shot or smaller, if your planning on ATA.  So no handicap loads.
I reload the Red Win AA hulls with 19.5 grains of Green dot and WinAA12 wads with Win 209 primers.
I use green dot because I can use it in My .45ACP, 20 Ga and the 1 1/4 oz 10 ga loads.  I also reload Blue dot for it's many uses as well.
Speed is based on a 28" barrel and will go up with a 30 and down with a 26"  But only 10 FPS each way.

Offline WILD_WEASEL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Buffalo Carbine Trap Gun
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:47:56 AM »
Thanks,
This is the answer I was actually looking for, not what I quite asked...  And yes I have been in a state of shell shock over the cost of reloading components.  I have not shot trap in years, so factory AA's may be the way to go.  In the past I've reloaded with Blue Magic hulls and Unique for medium/heavy loads.