Author Topic: USH vs Tracker II Barrels??? HELP!!!  (Read 491 times)

Offline chad1043

• Trade Count: (3)
USH vs Tracker II Barrels??? HELP!!!
« on: November 23, 2007, 07:12:21 AM »
OK, so I'm trying to decide which barrel to order. I really like the thought of the heavy barrel... Something about weight = quality... I live in Michigan and will be using this as a swamp/thick woods gun for below the rifle line... Probably a ground blind or natural blind... I'm a pretty hefty guy so the carrying weight. I have heard the accuracy is a wash between the two... Which one would you guys get? NOT BOTH please...

Thanks,
Chad

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: USH vs Tracker II Barrels??? HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »
I have a 12 ga tracker II and a 20 ga ultra. Both are plenty accurate enough for deer hunting. With the Tracker II you are limited to iron sites. They're not tapped for scope. The ultra is tapped, no sights. That, to me would be a major factor in the decision.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »

Our scoped Tracker II's in 20 ga. Accurate and lightweight to boot. To us it is the best of both worlds. I had a 12 ga.USH and for my tastes it was too heavy, accurate yes but heavy also. Hard to shoot well in an elevated stand for me without a rest aim.

We have since had and gave to family 2 other Trackers II's in 20 ga. that were drilled and tapped and use Winchester Partition Gold 3" sabot slugs with great success ballistics are almost equal to some 12 ga. sabot slugs.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:45:19 PM »
If I were you, I would buy the 20GA Tracker II & have it D&T`d for a scope base.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline chad1043

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:08:11 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm gonna get the Tracker 2 barrel and get it tapped... Does anyone know if H&R will do it when I order it?

Thanks,
Chad

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 05:25:59 AM »
No, they won't. But you should be able to find a smith who will. The Winchester Partitions shoot good in mine,too.