Author Topic: Monte Carlo stock and TrackerII barrel  (Read 289 times)

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
Monte Carlo stock and TrackerII barrel
« on: December 01, 2007, 12:55:30 AM »
Kinda new at the Handi thing. I purchased a new .223 with a Monte Carlo stock last year, now I am thinking about getting a Tracker II 20 ga. barrel. Will the Monte Carlo stock be to high for the iron sights? If the stock is going to be to high, I think I would probably just buy a complete gun. Thanks, JamesIII

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Monte Carlo stock and TrackerII barrel
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 01:33:06 AM »
yes they would most likely be to high for you to use the iron sights, you could either buy a complete gun (good decision) or you could just pick up a new or used buttstock and switch them around, it's easy, 2 phillips head screws and one bolt. With a non Monte Carlo stock you can use either iron sights or a scope and some here prefer the non Monte Carlos for this reason, with the Monte Carlo Stock you are usually limited to a scope.  Another option for you is to have the 20 Gauge Tracker II barrel drilled and tapped for a scope rail (I suggest a H&R scope rail) and than add a scope and your Monte Carlo stock would work fine. Welcome aboard....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 01:51:34 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, JamesIII. And Andy, have you head any more about the availability of the Brenneke-is that one n or two n's?- in 16ga.? I'm trying to put together an old Topper 158 for slug use. Thanks. Hunman55

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 03:13:34 AM »
it's www.brennekeusa.com for their website and they told me the 16 gauge Classic slugs are in their warehouse but I have not been able to get any in New England yet. I tried the largest place I know, Kittery Trading Post and they did not have any in stock, for some reason would not order them for me, they said they "should" be in in a while....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley