Author Topic: Hey GSP Ret!  (Read 329 times)

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Hey GSP Ret!
« on: November 27, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »
Did you ever do anything with that x-30/30, now badly chambered 30/40 barrel?
Richard
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Hey GSP Ret!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
Hi buddy, I have fired it and the brass stuck. I have been looking for a round to rechamber it to but with no luck. My next try will be to reload a light charge of powder with a lead bullet, GC'ed or not and to see if I can work up a load that does not expand the shell case so much that it sticks in the chamber. Since I went back to work at the District Courts doing investigations my time has been severely curtailed. That may be coming to an end at some time in the future. I have been approached by many attorneys asking me to do invests for them so I may leave the Public Defenders Office at the court and work for myself, hopefully that will mean less hours and more money, all in all a great thing!!! I really do want to get that barrel to once again become a useful item. Thanks....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Re: Hey GSP Ret!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:19:14 AM »
So you obviously got it fitted to a frame.  I can't believe the brass still sticks though!  Did you have to double tap the round to get it to fire?  Interesting idea about the light loads, but I was pretty sure the chamber was FUBAR.  Glad you're having some fun with it.

To the forum:  Long story on this barrel friends.  I was sick of it, GSP is playing with it now.

P.S.  watch them lawyers, don't believe a thing they tell you!  ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club