Author Topic: Suggested reading material  (Read 619 times)

Offline ryans63

• Trade Count: (0)
Suggested reading material
« on: November 11, 2007, 09:51:14 PM »
Anyone recommend any good books, or any reading material, on military tactics/strategy?  I’ve found a few books via both the web and Barnes and Noble but any recommendations?
Casper, Semper Fi!

Offline gwindrider1

• Contributor
Re: Suggested reading material
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 03:06:05 AM »
The classic of all time; "The Art of War" by Sun Tsu.  It was written in the eleventh century, and has been studied by military men ever since.

Offline A-ALLOY

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 05:24:16 PM »
I,ll second that. The message I get is if you don,t know yourself or your real goal you,ll fail
Love the book should be read by all

Offline safetysheriff

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »
"Steel my soldiers hearts" by hackworth was very well done.    an even better one, that i haven't finished yet, is "once an eagle" by anton myrer.   at one time both of them were required reading, according to the 'military book club' on the web.   both myrer and hackworth are veterans who seem to have learned a lot from their time in.    hackworth, some say, became a little too liberal before he died; but i'm not sure what all that was about.   myrer's book is considered a classic.   

ss'
Yet a little while and the wicked man shall be no more.   Though you mark his place he will not be there.   Ps. 37.