Author Topic: sabot going down hard ?  (Read 669 times)

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
sabot going down hard ?
« on: December 09, 2007, 03:50:49 PM »
Have you ever had a brand of sabot that would go down the barrel Hard? I had a problem with a box of Remington sabots almost needed a hammer! (Just kidding) But they were real work getting them down the barrel! Anyone Else have a brand that you wrestle down the barrel? That I should stay away from? You might think that I need to clean my muzzle loader! But I feel I'm more religious then most when it comes to cleaning my smoke pole! I think some muzzle loaders have just tighter barrels than others ? My muzzle loader is a CVA 50 cal mag bolt 150! Thanks Dale

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Re: sabot going down hard ?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »
I had problems with the crushed sabots. But the Black Hornady work well for me. I think that every ML barrel is different, and unfortunately, everyone has to find the load that works in their gun. I have two identical OE's that don't shoot the same load. God luck on finding your load.

Offline oldrookie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:22:46 AM »
Now, my Optima is just the opposite. I believe the sabot that comes with Hornady is a MMP sabot and is tighter than heck. I use the harvester crushed ribbed and not as tight and still has good compression.

Offline kodiakemt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »
T/C Cheap shots are a bear in my Kodiak.

Offline jhalcott

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »
  I used some of MY cast bullets in my guns and they were hard to seat. The extra .003 diameter made a lot of difference. Also a cva rifle belonging to a friend would get HARD to load after 3 or 4 shots with out a patch out