Author Topic: Swift optics  (Read 748 times)

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Swift optics
« on: November 29, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Swift optics. What would they compare to? I am interested in the 4x12x40 but any info would be great.
Thanks,
Tuna

Offline 31 bertram

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Swift optics
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:59 PM »
I have used Swift scopes over the past years, but Swift has changed owners and the last Swift 4x12x40 AO Premiere that I bought ended up giving away.  Never could hold zero.  Put my Burris back on and groups went from 7" to under 1.5" @ 100yds.
Their was a little yellow note saying something to the effect of " send your scope to be repaired to Dorchester, Mass.  So I box up the scope with the targets and an explanation of what was going on and sent Priority  After 3 weeks the scope returns with a note saying there is no such address.  I contacted Eabco (the company which I purchased it from) and they gave me the new owner's phone number.  So I called them and they weren't very helpful at all.  Nothing like past dealings with Swift.  I even took this scope to a local Swift dealer to try and get a replacement but no luck.
After missing the first month of deer season and all the other stuff, I would run "Swiftly" away from those scopes if I were you, he he.  Hope this helps.
31 bertram           

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:52:38 AM »
That's a shame.
The local dealer has carried Swift for years and claims they have the best warrenty.
Swift would usualy exchange, no questions.

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 04:48:34 AM »
They have many binoculars models that are very good.  That said I have never felt the urge to consider a Swift riflescope.
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline Tunaman

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:53:30 AM »
Well, I guess that is my answer then. 

Hey 31 Bert, That is one fine hull. I have fished many 31's and for a boat there size, they always impress me. What do you have her powered with?

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Thanks Tunaman;
I ran her for 12 yrs. and had to move overseas.  The owners pulled the 454 Marine Force's out of her and never got to enjoy the newly installed Yanmar's due to Hurricane Katrina catching her on the drydock.   She was a fine boat.
31 bertram

Offline Tunaman

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 04:34:20 AM »
Are you from Miss or La? I probably know your boat. I spend a lot of time in Venice.

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »
Hey Tunaman;
Check your PM's   I sent you a reply.  Thanks
31 bertram