Author Topic: Norton 360 All-In-One Security  (Read 935 times)

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
Norton 360 All-In-One Security
« on: November 26, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
what can you guys tell me about this. right now I am running norton's Internet security and like it but my subscription expires in a 11 days and I am thinking about the 360 as a replacement.

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Norton 360 All-In-One Security
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »
What operating system are you using?

Swing by alt.comp.anti-virus and go through the recommendations. Norton is supposed to be too bloated for use. I'm using the free version of AVG, and it seems to do okay. There's other free anti virus programs around, all smaller than Norton.

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 09:42:23 AM »
I am using windows XP

I have tried alot of the free programs and the macafee that comes with my comcast Internet and my computer has been infected. I have yet to have anything get past the nortons at least that i know of

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »
Once upon a long time ago Norton was on top. Now they are getting real close to the bottom. Around my house we all use AVG. All the computers but my primary use their free program but on my primary computer I have the paid version of it and Ad-Aware paid version also. The free doesn't work with the OS I use on this one.

I get at least one update from them daily and many days there are multiple updates per day they are really on top of things. Before I left Norton it got to where some times a month would go by without them doing an update.

I'd go with the AVG Free unless you want to pay and get the benefits it offers. If you have an OS that will work with the Free version tho it's fine. They just don't support my OS with the free version neither does Ad-Aware so I have to use the paid version on this computer. On my back up I use the free versions of both.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:35:11 AM »
Kerio Personal Firewall also helps. It's a software firewall, and those are not as good as a hardware firewall, but I don't have the room for the firewall box. It'd be handy if hardware firewalls were made to go in PCI slots, but that has not happened yet.