Author Topic: Down to 3 please advise  (Read 561 times)

Offline tvc15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Down to 3 please advise
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:08:54 AM »
Does Nikon have the same type warranty as Leupold or Burris? I'm down to these 3 and I want to be sure I am comparing apples to apples.

What would be your choice? All 3x9x40

1. Nikon Buckmaster

2. Burrisfulfield II

3.  Leupold VXI
      Thanks TVC15

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Down to 3 please advise
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 02:27:17 AM »
 I would go for either the Nikon or the Leupold and probably go with the Nikon because it has "click" turrets for windage and elevation adjustments and also I think is priced a little better.  I have looked through the Fulfield II and was not impressed.   I have used a bunch of Buckmasters and several Luepold scopes and have never needed the warranty on any of them, but I believe the Nikon is lifetime guaranteed.  BTW, I have a Buckmaster on my 338RUM and it has never failed or had to be resighted since it was mounted about 7 or 8 years ago.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:16:14 AM »
If you are just buying a regular plex reticle, I'd go with the Nikon.  If you want a Ballistic reticle, then I'd get the Burris.  I like the Burris reticle better than the circle of the Nikon nyself.  I  think that the Nikon is the best buy of the three.  All thee have lifetime warranties, although I've heard of serious service issues with Burris.

Offline Catfish

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 11:18:23 AM »
I bought my first Leupold scope in 1968 and I still have it. I also have abt. 30 other Leupold scope to keep it company. Need I say more, ok I will. I have had trouble with about every other brand including Burris, never owned a Nicon, but Leupold in the only brand I`ll buy.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »
See, I have had the exact opposite problem.  The only scope that I've ever had de-gas was a Vari-X II 2-7x33, and the only scope that I've had where the x-hair broke was another 2-7x33.  Never had an issue with a Nikon, Burris, Bushnell Elite, or a Weaver.

Offline tvc15

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 12:11:29 PM »
Thanks for the input. Went with a Nikon 3x9x50 buckmaster.