Author Topic: Husqvarna m1895  (Read 1153 times)

Offline blackpowderbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Husqvarna m1895
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »
I have fallen in lust with a new gun.  It is a Husqvarna 1895 in 30-30. Can anyone tell me anything about these rifles. I want it be a lead bullet rifle for paper punching and the occasional hunt.
People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Husqvarna m1895
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:43:25 AM »
This one ?  Interesting.  I like the styling. The action reminds me of the Browning T-bolt, but with the slimness of a single-shot.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info_2.php?products_id=4041
There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline blackpowderbill

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 08:56:57 AM »
That's it! I love the looks.
People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline Frank46

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 01:26:27 AM »
BlackpowderBill,welcome to the club. I too have been drooling over these rifles. From the pics at simpsons I'm guessing that they are indeed bolt action single shots. And obviously in our favorite caliber 30-30. Since they have excellent bores they should make great lead shooters. The only problems that I see is that scopes or receiver sights cannot be mounted in the conventional way. This would be due to the bolt handle going through the rear receiver ring. here's a couple solutions running through my not so fertile brain.
1. mount a long extended target scope on the receiver ring and barrel much like these were mounted years ago. Then adjust (hopefully) the thing so that one can see through it, without having to crawl over the stock. I'm thinking of something like a lyman junior target spot scope. I have one thats been sitting in my safe way too long. its unclear as to how the case is ejected. Either straight up or to the side.
2. iron sights that would be better than the illustrated winchester, marlin barrel type. Maybe using a williams ramp rear sight adjustable for both windage or elevation could be used. Thats about the only solution that I see so far. With that 25.5" bbl length you would definitely get more velocity with that bbl than lets say a 20 1894 carbine length bbl. And hopefully better accuracy. And the bolt action is a plus because the ctg feeds from what appears to be a recess machined in the floor of the action. Ctgs could be made to fit the lands without having to worry about feeding through a magazine. But that bolt handle has to go. Should be easy for a good gunsmith to convert to a mannlicher schoenaur type bolt handle and brownell's sells the handles. Should be able to use bullet weights in cast bullets from 170grs on up to 200grs in a rifle like that. What say you. Regards, Frank

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:41:30 AM »
Hi All,

The Husqvarna single shot bolt rifles also came in 45/70 and were made long before Remington thought of the T-Bolt, so in fact the T-Bolt is styled after the Husqvarna not the otehr way around.

Offline dodd3

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 12:51:53 AM »
BlackpowderBill,welcome to the club. I too have been drooling over these rifles. From the pics at simpsons I'm guessing that they are indeed bolt action single shots. And obviously in our favorite caliber 30-30. Since they have excellent bores they should make great lead shooters. The only problems that I see is that scopes or receiver sights cannot be mounted in the conventional way. This would be due to the bolt handle going through the rear receiver ring. here's a couple solutions running through my not so fertile brain.
1. mount a long extended target scope on the receiver ring and barrel much like these were mounted years ago. Then adjust (hopefully) the thing so that one can see through it, without having to crawl over the stock. I'm thinking of something like a lyman junior target spot scope. I have one thats been sitting in my safe way too long. its unclear as to how the case is ejected. Either straight up or to the side.
2. iron sights that would be better than the illustrated winchester, marlin barrel type. Maybe using a williams ramp rear sight adjustable for both windage or elevation could be used. Thats about the only solution that I see so far. With that 25.5" bbl length you would definitely get more velocity with that bbl than lets say a 20 1894 carbine length bbl. And hopefully better accuracy. And the bolt action is a plus because the ctg feeds from what appears to be a recess machined in the floor of the action. Ctgs could be made to fit the lands without having to worry about feeding through a magazine. But that bolt handle has to go. Should be easy for a good gunsmith to convert to a mannlicher schoenaur type bolt handle and brownell's sells the handles. Should be able to use bullet weights in cast bullets from 170grs on up to 200grs in a rifle like that. What say you. Regards, Frank
i no of one 45/70 in that gun and the guy had a special  scope mount made for it and it works well.he had the bolt  handle bent down to clear the mount and scope.the mount is like the old savage 340 side mount but made out of steel,and sits the scope over the bore just like a normal mount his gun loves cast bullets,one raged hole at 100 yards.
bernie :)
if its feral its in peril

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 05:24:39 AM »
[ The Husqvarna single shot bolt rifles also came in 45/70 and were made long before Remington thought of the T-Bolt, so in fact the T-Bolt is styled after the Husqvarna not the otehr way around.]

I never said the T-bolt came first, just that the pic of the Husqvarna reminded me of it.

BTW - The T-bolt is/was a Browning, not a Remington.  :)
There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 01:21:31 PM »
Whoops  :-[ got them mixed up. Didn't Remington make a .22 rifle with the straight bolt handle sticking out like the T-Bolt?