Author Topic: Smith Wesson, I-Bolt rifle. Anybody see, have one?  (Read 554 times)

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Smith Wesson, I-Bolt rifle. Anybody see, have one?
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:30:29 PM »
I have been lugging a Remmington 700 BDL with a Varmit barrel on deer hunts, it is too heavy.

The S&W I bolt (25-06, like the Remmington) has caught my eye. My local gun dealer is bringing one in for me to look over.

Does anybody have on of these yet, and what do you think of it?

There ia a reduced price Sigma ($99) if I buy one (I-Bolt) before the end of the year. It would still be a Sigma.

Any help?

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Smith Wesson, I-Bolt rifle. Anybody see, have one?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:08:03 PM »
I like it. I have never held one.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
I've checked one out at a gunshop.  I liked it pretty well, especially the one piece scope rail that comes with the gun.  Felt comfortable to me, and the action seemed to be pretty smooth.  The barrel is a stout contour too, just the way I like them.  I think that the 25-06 with the camo stock would be a first rate predator/deer rifle.  If I were in the market for a 25-06, .270, or 30-06, I'd probably get one.  The price is a bit high I think, after all, other than the way the bolt removes and having a easily adjusted trigger, there's not anything revolutionary about the rifle.  If you can get a Sigma for $99 with the purchase of the rifle, I'd go for it.  I've heard some bad-mouthing about Sigma's, but the people that I know that have one seem to like it well enough.

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 02:05:53 AM »
Well I held the Smith Wesson  and decided to get a Savage instead.

Also ordered a Nikon Monarch scope.

This will give me a winter project with fire forming brass and developing loads for deer and varmits.

Thanks,

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 08:31:55 AM »
Savage is always a good choice.  Depending on the model you got, you might have saved enough over the cost of the I-Bolt to almost pay for the Monarch scope too.  I think that you'll be more than satisfied.