Author Topic: STOCK question  (Read 472 times)

Offline rugerfan01

• Trade Count: (0)
STOCK question
« on: December 24, 2007, 06:53:22 PM »
Hello folks
I haven't posted on this one that i can remember, but I have a question about nef hr stocks.
My brother in law got a new 7mm/08 tonight for Christmas and it is a youth model. his son bought it for him and he doesn't want to trade it for a different one,  so my question is, Is there a source for buying stocks for the nef rifles , he would like to buy an adult type wooden stock for the rifle. and is there any problem with changing it from a youth to an adult stock?

thanks everyone in advance advance and I'm wishing everyone a very merry Christmas

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: STOCK question
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:01:05 PM »
All H&R stocks can be purchased from H&R, Brownell's also sells them, as well as Choate who makes the synthetic stocks. GBO sponsor GSI makes custom stocks too. All H&R frames and stocks are interchangable with the exception of the 10ga/12ga slug gun forends. See the 2007 Retail parts price list page in the FAQs, or the GBO home page(click the logo top right any page) for all GBO sponsors.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 07:03:46 PM »
Call customer service you can buy it over the phone should come with recoil pad sling stud  use your old stock bolt 9/16  socket and extension. unbolt one bolt on the other

Foggy
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline Vic49

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 11:35:14 PM »
The Choate stock has a much better feel than the original  if you like synthetics.
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Thomas Jefferson
Handi rifles
Knight, T/C and CVA Muzzleloaders
Bowtech and Diamond bows

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 12:52:09 AM »
The H&R/NEF classified section on this board is also a good place to find a stock set. Usually members have an extra set just laying around waiting for a receiver to put them on. You can post an ad and very possibly someone will have one that they would sell...

Offline rugerfan01

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 02:16:33 AM »
Thanks everyone!!!!!!

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 06:25:04 AM »
I find the youth stocks to be a better fit for fall/winter hunting when wearing heavy clothes, they are less likely to hang up on clothing when shouldering the rifle.  I am 5' 11" high and use full length stocks in warmer weather.