Author Topic: drug test  (Read 527 times)

Offline dodd3

• Trade Count: (1)
drug test
« on: December 14, 2007, 05:09:24 AM »
got this in an email today,in oz centerlink payments is like welfair in the USA,it is so true.
Bernie  :)
if its feral its in peril

Offline beemanbeme

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: drug test
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:14:43 AM »
I can't argue with that.  Altho I have a problem about random drug testing in general.  It is an invasion of privacy pure and simple.  And "if you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't bother you" doesn't cut it.  The same could be said about kicking in your door and searching your home.  I have a cold feeling that's next.  Our rights have been eroded under the pretext of fighting the war on drugs and "we're doing it for the chirrun".  The "war on Terrorism" has really turned loose the Nazis.  Hurricane Katrina showed you a taste of how the gestapo acts when they think they have a helpless citizenry and no one is looking.
I didn't quite understand what he meant by "helping someone get back on their feet". We have folks here in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia that have been on relief for several generations and they have yet to get back on their feet.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 11:27:31 AM »
I have been tested so many times I have lost count. Is it the fourth amendment that states "innocent until proven guilty"? Now its guilty until proven otherwise. That has always bothered me.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline dodd3

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 12:40:31 AM »
i think it is an invation of privercy as well, but if the workers have to be tested then so should every one that inclueds polys as well and the people on welfair,one law for all  nobodey is above the law,
bernie >:(
if its feral its in peril

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:36:56 AM »
Seems like the policy violates parts of the fourth and fifth amendments....I've never understood why the courts would allow such and invasion of privacy.......

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 01:45:10 AM »
Well now---IF the test were given to everybody the argument is fine.
The reason for drug testing in the workplace is a little different---it is for safety and the safety of all.
It is done individually at all work places FOR safety.
NOW---I don't agree with fostering drug use by supporting those that use them.
It has nothing too do with freedom, it has to do with safety .
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 03:44:25 AM »
I'm in a no win situation at work about this. I am the union steward so I am supposed to represent everyone whether I like them or not. I am also the safety officer. Here's my problem, there's a guy at work that smokes a lot of pot, morning noon and night. Now as the steward I'm supposed to represent this guy but as the safety officer he's a danger to work with. If he were to lop off a finger in the saw that's his own fault but I don't want to see anyone else get hurt working with this guy.

On more of a personal note, I don't believe in drug testing either. Just because you test positive doesn't mean you were doing it at work and I think whatever you do on your own time is your own business. When I was younger I messed with a lot of stuff I shouldn't have, probably like a lot of guys here. But I kept partying and work separate and eventually grew out of it completely.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 04:38:20 AM »
Everyone has to pass a drug test before going to work for walmart. If you have an accident there a drug test is automatic, no matter who is at fault. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline blackpowderbill

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 05:01:21 AM »
Random drug tests as a condition of employment are not unconstitutional (IMHO). They are an agreed too condition of employment and since they are administered by the employer not by Congress, it is not a constitutional issue.
I took Random wizquizzes for 22 years and now again in my current career. They just verify that I am not breaking the agreed to conditions of employment. If I choose to smoke dope that's my right, I can smoke all I want; I'll just have to be willing to pay the consequences for my actions.
People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.