Author Topic: Remington managed recoil slugs  (Read 361 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Remington managed recoil slugs
« on: January 02, 2008, 07:59:53 AM »
Hey Men. I was checkin out some info on these managed recoil rifled slugs from Remington and the reduced recoil slugs from Winchester. Before I buy any of this ammo and try to shoot it from my sons 12 ga. Would there be any of you that have experience with shooting these slugs? Any performance info's appreciated. Thanks! scout4<><

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Remington managed recoil slugs
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:44:12 AM »
I have not used these myself.
but reduced loads =less recoil yes.
you just won't get the distance or energy hitting power or  as flat a trajectory with such as normal loads would.
think of it as say a muscle car with a 454 and two four barrel carbs,then you drop them for a single two barrel carb.
yes it will stil lrun and drive etc but just won't have the performance it did since you reduced it .same as for rifle,
pistol, shotgun or any ammo.hope this helps ya.Kurt.
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline sachel.45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 05:20:48 AM »
Ive shoot them out of my pardner turkey with a fixed full choke they shoot pretty well i haven't shot them at any game but i figure they would do pretty well out to about as far as you would want to shoot at deer with a shotgun provided you could put it through the kill zone
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
These may be a partial answer to a problem I am working on. I added a set of sights to an 18.5" 12 gauge barrel and it shoots great but high at 50 yards, right on at 100, If anyone knows , or knows where I might get the info, how much lower do the "managed recoil" Remington sluggers print at 50 yards than the standard 2 3/4" 12 gauge Remington Sluggers? Will I have to buy a box to find out or is this info available either through knowledge or the experience of our members? I think the "managed recoil" Remington Sluggers would be a great round to shoot from this lightweight "shorty"....Thanks....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley