Author Topic: Shot a Little Today  (Read 401 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Shot a Little Today
« on: January 21, 2008, 12:49:08 PM »
I got to shoot just a little bit this afternoon. Shooting my 1968 era .35 Remington 336 at 50 yards with my daypack on the trunk of my car as a rest, I was getting one hole groups that could be covered with a dime using Remington 200 grain factory loads.  I had installed an old 2X Bushnell Banner on it which seems slow to respond to adjustments.  This old warhorse has seen some serious woods time, but she still shoots like a house a fire.

I ran a few of the 405 grain Remington factory loads through my 1972 era 1895 .45-70 with open sights from the sitting position. I have to use reading glasses to see the sights and my target is just a blur but it was shooting about 1" groups.  I need to scope this gun.  Both guns functioned perfectly, and recoil was unnoticeable.

I feel better!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline str8shooter48

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Shot a Little Today
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 02:15:03 PM »
Good shooting. Makes me want to start looking a little harder for a 336 35 Rem. I like the cartridge I used it in a T/C Contender pistol for about 11 years. Almost forgot I owned a shotgun. Now that NY legalized rifle in the southern zone, I think a Marlin in 35 Rem will perfect for the area.