Author Topic: Uberti Rolling Block  (Read 1191 times)

Offline red headed stranger

• Trade Count: (0)
Uberti Rolling Block
« on: March 16, 2008, 02:58:55 AM »
I recently bought a Uberti baby rolling block in .22 Hornet. The second spent cartridge would not eject and four of the next eleven had to be tapped out with a 3/16 dowel. The twelfth cartridge seperated up by the tapered shoulder and stuck in the chamber...this is when I took it back to the local gun shop and they have sent it back to EMF in California. There was a grab mark on each case on the neck. I'm now waiting to hear back from my gun shop. Has anyone else had a similar experience? How does EMF stand behind it's products? What can I expect?

Offline RugerNo3

• Avid Poster
Re: Uberti Rolling Block
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 04:16:29 AM »
EMF is a responsible operation. They have a website at emf-company.com/. Put the necessary 3W's in front and send them an email with pertinent information to back up your dealer. Keep us posted.
"Use a big enough gun!"

Offline red headed stranger

Re: Uberti Rolling Block
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I called EMF's toll free # this morning and they told me that they had recieved my gun and that it was at the gunsmith down the street that they contract with and they'd probably send it back to my dealer here in Kansas in about a week...I hope so. I really wanted the octagon barrel but I was told that Uberti discontinued them in the .22 hornet. Now it appears that the rolling block has been dropped altogether from production...I decided to grab the round barrelled hornet that has been sitting in my gun shop's cabinet for about five years now. It's a well made little rifle and I guess somewhat unique...I will report on the repair work after I get a few more rounds through it.