Author Topic: My 16Ga Topper 48  (Read 396 times)

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
My 16Ga Topper 48
« on: January 20, 2008, 01:47:28 AM »
I was rearranging my closet in the Man Cave. this is what Susan calls the den. This is were i tinker  gunsmith reload, read and store my gun mags and my reference books library and generally stay out of her way. I found a gun case I did not remember i opened it and I remembered leaving GA  after I sold all my Guns except a RMEF ultra in 35Whelen I kept it for hunting. My Malamute was very sick and the vets there could not do much so I move to my sisters in Va , there was a vet close in Md that could help She Was well worth it  we wnet every where together, she love to rabbit hunt was not gun shy and learned to track while I helped train a friends Bloodhounds. My sister did not want my rifle in the house not that she's anti  just inquisative childer who might not wait for me to be home to get it out. I told a guy where I worked my delemia he said  go see Dick in parts. I did . I told him my sad tale he said he would keep it for me.when I took the rilfe over to his place, he asked if I had a shotgun I said no. He rumaged in a stak of guns he had in a corner. He said since you shoot a Whelen you will  probily like this ok . its' yours and handed me a H&R topper 48 in 16Ga. We hit it off big we shot, reloaded,  prowled the gunshops My dog passed 5 years ago Susan says i will still reach down to pant her when I watch tv. Dick passed two years this June 17 I stil got that old shotgun  but i miss my Buddies
Foggy
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: My 16Ga Topper 48
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 02:29:53 AM »
A great story buddy, memories are wonderful aren't they...Now that you have found that great old
16 gauge don't keep it as a "closet queen", take it out and shoot it, for many reasons ;)....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 04:03:54 AM »
Yes, a very good story. 

And when you take ole' 16 ga out, I'll bet your buddies will be there with you too.  ;)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 05:43:55 AM »
Man. thats a great story. Thats one for the books! Lots of great memories when you pick up the ole topper. scout4<><

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Great story- I say enjoy that Topper and the great memories whenever you take it out!
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us