Author Topic: Help to Insert Photo in GBO  (Read 429 times)

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Help to Insert Photo in GBO
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »
Ok, I'm ignorant of how to insert a photo from my computer into a topic post.  Can anyone help me.  I've researched the help section and other places but I'm doing something wrong.  Thanks
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Help to Insert Photo in GBO
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »
Hit the Additional Option.. below the post window and browse to the photo and select it. The other alternative is host it at a free hosting site like the GBO owned and operated www.myhostedpics.com and upload it there, copy the URL and paste it with your text. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
Thanks, I tried to do the exact same thing with a different web hosted pic site and GBO didn't take it.  It must have had an url format that wasn't recognizable.  I registered to use GBO's site and worked fine.  Will use this one more now.  This request can be deleted if you want.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 01:11:26 PM »
I gave up a long time ago!!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 01:17:26 PM »
I had problems attaching a .jpg file this am, it wasn't too big, but the software wouldn't accept it, finally uploaded it to MHP, worked fine that way. :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
This thing of being able to upload it from your hard drive must be some what new. I did do a test the other day and worked great. If it continues to work where you can upload it from your hard drive I will never go back to MY HOSTED PICS. This is a big upgrade in my opion. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 06:12:20 PM »
Dale or Tim
The additional options was easy to do but how do you actually attach to the message body? The attachment is there with the box checked but the error reads empty message body?
Thanks

Never Mind...The error was just a cyber thing.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 06:21:06 PM »
Boo Hiss WRONG. What they are talking about is merely an attachment at the end of your post like where your rifle photo is. Yeah I know that's a signature but it's only at the bottom of your post below all text.

Using www.myhostepics.com and getting a URL assigned you can put it anywhere you want in the text and have information about it under or over it. This feature is NOT intended as a replacement for getting URLs assigned to your photos it's just an added feature.

In cases like recently when we switched to the new server ALL those images so loaded prior to that are now history. But any that were assigned a URL and added properly are still there. Who knows when some other change here will once again invalidate any attachment images. Avatars were also affected and many now are dead links. I'm removing the dead ones as I find them and if folks want an avatar they'll need to reload it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
Avatars were also affected and many now are dead links. I'm removing the dead ones as I find them and if folks want an avatar they'll need to reload it.

Thanks!
I used to have a nice pair of caplocks pictured in my Avatar but they went away and I could not get them back. Perhaps I will try this again.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 06:41:32 PM »
Loading a new avatar works the same really but you do it in your profile and the size is very limited. I think it can be no larger than 90x90 pixels if I recall correctly. It will not resize if they are too big I don't think but then some do seem to have and have scroll bars but does anyone REALLY want a scroll bar on their avatar? Best size it to no larger than 90x90

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!