Author Topic: SB1-SB2  (Read 389 times)

Offline tireman

• Trade Count: (6)
SB1-SB2
« on: February 02, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »
I like to go to gunshows if time lets me. Why doesn't HR stamp the frams SB! or SB2.  When I see a used handi in a rifle that looks cheap i hope someone has not put a rifle barrel on a SB1 gun. 

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: SB1-SB2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:45:03 AM »
There are ways to tell them apart and the best is to call the factory. Learn the differences (check the FAQ's and become schooled and educated in what to look for. Also carry a cell phone with the 800 number of H&R in the list of contacts, that way whenever you have a question on a gun or frame you may see during hours that Customer Service is open you could call them if you needed. Educating yourself about the differences , including the serial numbers and numbering systems is a great way to start to become an informed Handiholic. Good luck and have fun cruising those gunshows, gunshops and sporting good stores....<><....:)   
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley