Author Topic: NY man shoots teen threatening his family  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: NY man shoots teen threatening his family
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2008, 08:35:25 AM »
Well, I am going to drop this as it is going no where. But it would be interesting to know WHEN you served on a Grand Jury in Texas. "Before or After", the Castle Doctrine went into effect, AND did you ever serve on the Grand Jury in Texas, for "ANYTHING SIMLAR" to White's case?
I personally have TESTIFIED in front of Texas Grand Juries, and I am not so sure he would have been.  There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in a Grand Jury, and an Open Court Jury. If you served as you said you have, you should know that. There is no comparison between the two. One is choosing to True Bill or No Bill, and the other is to TRY.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline m1aman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
the jury did the right thing in finding white guilty. but the sentencing was pretty light compared to someones life. typical in todays times though

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2008, 02:16:53 PM »
I'll have to say it again, I'm just happy there is one less feral youth in this world. It's to bad the guy that tamed him has to be imprisoned for it. I hope the other feral youth with him learned a lesson from their
 friends end and change their ways.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »
I'll have to say it again, I'm just happy there is one less feral youth in this world. It's to bad the guy that tamed him has to be imprisoned for it. I hope the other feral youth with him learned a lesson from their
 friends end and change their ways.

Yeah, me too.  There's no question in my mind that this country was founded on the ideal that we should shoot kids who don't behave well.  Especially if we can skip any type of court or other legal proceedings and just take "justice" into our own hands.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »
Dee, to answer your question, I served on a Grand Jury in the early 90s, well before the Castle Doctrine, and no we did not have a case even remotely similar to White's case.  Even so, I would think that White blew any hope of a defense under the Castle Doctrine when he elevated the situation by leaving his home.  It is my opinion that that even under the law here in Texas White would have to face a jury.  The law is not black and white as some may think, when there are extenuating circumstances they can lead to a person being charged, and possibly convicted.  His actions lead me to believe that White, and White alone are totally responsible for the death.  Do you think anyone would have been killed had White remained indoors?

As I have repeatedly stated, I fully support the Castle Doctrine, and the use of deadly force when warranted, but I can not support anyone not being held responsible for doing something stupid.  This is a simple case of the RAMBO attitude taking over and diminishing any hope of approaching the situation with a clear head, plainly and simply White jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

Bottom line, we can debate this case for the next decade, but without the FACTS made available to the jury we will never have the whole story on this one.  As such, I respect the finding of the jury and feel confidant that they acted in the best interest of society.

Offline rebel dunn

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2008, 04:37:02 PM »
I've been reading this thread with interest,and I have a couple of questions .How far was it from his door to where the confrontation took place ? If it was 300 feet, then he probably should have called the police,If it was 30 feet then that is a little too close for comfort in my opinion.How did he know they were not armed? Isn't the premise for ccw to be prepared?I know he did not have a ccw ,but if he had taken the shotgun instead of the hand gun would we have 5 pages of discussion on the subject? If you son ,daughter or wife got into a confrontation somewhere and then came home only to be called,threatened  and followed home by a gang and they were on your  doorstep,would you know if they were armed or not?All I am saying is we need to give him the benefit of the doubt until we learn the facts.The next story in the liberal newspaper might have one of our names in it.You might have feared for your safety and shot a burglar in self defense,but the media will always paint you with a slanted brush .     
Rebel

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2008, 02:32:25 AM »
IN HOLLYWOOD , the good guy always waits for the bad guy to throw the first punch !
in the real world if the good guy waited he would be dead !
when a human chooses to be a predator or act like one it still amazes me that otherwise sensible people think they should be protect them ! they pass laws to prevent good people from protecting them selves .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2008, 03:30:58 AM »
Also in Hollywood, the good guy gets to shoot all the bad guys without consequences.  The bad guys get their due, and the good guy rides off into the sunset with the girl.  Too bad real life isn't like that.

This scenario is not the old "lynch mob coming with torches and noose while the bad sheriff is standing by and watching, leaving the good guy to defend himself in the face of sure death" thing.  It is about someone who made a bad mistake in confronting the kids when he should have stayed inside and waited for the cops.  There is no excuse for the kid's actions, but the penalty for stupidity is not death.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2008, 03:42:26 AM »
shame ain't it !
severe consequences seem to reduce stupidity !

Offline rebel dunn

« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2008, 05:31:29 AM »

This scenario is not the old "lynch mob coming with torches and noose while the bad sheriff is standing by and watching, leaving the good guy to defend himself in the face of sure death" thing.  It is about someone who made a bad mistake in confronting the kids when he should have stayed inside and waited for the cops.  There is no excuse for the kid's actions, but the penalty for stupidity is not death.

The fact is we don't know whether they had weapons or not so it could have been a lynch mob mentality .If the police are not there when you are having trouble that is equivalent to your bad sheriff ,because the bad sheriff won't do anything and absent police can't do anything.All to often stupid decisions do end up in someones death.When the kid advanced on White ;that, to me ,constitutes a threat .How far would it have gone if White had no gun but was trying to talk a bunch of drunk angry teenagers down?
Rebel

Offline Dee

« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2008, 03:29:39 AM »
Some keep calling these guys KIDS. How old are these KIDS?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2008, 03:47:40 AM »
When there is overwhelming force it is irreverent if they had guns !

Offline rebel dunn

« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2008, 06:02:50 AM »
The boy that got killed was 17.The second article that was linked to by m1man says that he(Cicciaro) lunged for the pistol.
Rebel

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2008, 07:10:01 AM »
well when i took classes to allow me to have a permit to carry that was of major concern , we were told to take any action necessary to keep the gun from getting into the hands of someone trying to take it ! even shooting the attacker !
now 3 guys come to start trouble , they assault  you , then one starts an attack , battery 3 on one , the home owner had every right to use deadly force !

Offline Dee

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »
No SHOOTALL, you run into the house, and get under the bed, call 911, and then a good lawyer. If all goes wrong anyway, and the police don't arrive in time, then the lawyer can distort the truth possibly in your favor. That's what lawyers do. They distort the truth. They go to school to learn this art.
We have become captives in our homes. Our yards are not ours anymore. Anyone can come to your home, and do any damn thing they want to in your yard, WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. Our liberal friends are liberal, and don't even know it. This is why society continues to spiral. There are no consequences for the actor. Only the victim. The actor BECOMES the victim, REGARDLESS of what he has done, i.e. came to the residence with the intention to do violence, tresspassed, and attempted an assault, while also REFUSING to leave.
White did not go to them. THEY came to him.
This is nothing more than a liberal lawyer (make that any lawyer) DISTORTING the truth, and the REAL victim going to jail. In Context events, in a courtroom is not important.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2008, 02:52:17 PM »
I feel your frustration DEE.  I too am tired of the knee jerk liberals trying to castrate us all and make us wards of the state.

I can't understand you folks who believe it was White's responsibility to retreat.  Shouldn't the three hoodlums be held accountable because they choose not to leave Mr Whites property when instructed to do so by Mr White? The front yard is his property after all.

The young men brought the fight to Mr White not the other way around.   The young men went to whites house looking for a confrontation and they got one, too darn bad for them they came ill prepared. 

Of course the punk's families and friends will all talk about what good boys they are and that they didn't deserve this.  Well if  getting drunk and looking to bust some heads is how "good boys" conduct themselves what do bad boys do?

I long for the good old days when victims had rights not the criminals and common sense prevailed.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »
Once again, the Castle doctrine protects from civil litigation.
Texas Criminal law defines the rights of a homeowner/individual to self-protect.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2008, 02:59:43 AM »
  I'm thinking that if I were one the jury, and it was presented that a group of aggressive feral youth had came to Mr. Whites house threatening him and his. I would see it as justifiable self defense. I would not convict.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.