Author Topic: CENTER POINT SCOPES FROM WAL-MART  (Read 674 times)

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
CENTER POINT SCOPES FROM WAL-MART
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:50:52 PM »
I was looking around Wal-Mart and see they have a Center Point Optics 4-16x40 lighted reticle scope for 69.97
it looks clear in the package and says limited lifetime warranty.
I searched for this and found nothing and I know you usually get what you pay for.
Anyway does anyone have one of these and how has it worked for you?
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Re: CENTER POINT SCOPES FROM WAL-MART
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:05:18 AM »
My friend and I looked at one these several weeks ago.  Being the guys we are, we opened one to check it out.  Seemed clear enough in the store, but all scopes usually do in bright light.   ::)  The adjustment clicks seemed fine, not too mushy and I couldn't feel it skipping when I turned the dials.  The lighted reticle wasn't working, so I don't know if it needed a battery or what.  My friend loves big scopes, but always buys the cheap ones and wonders why he has problems.   ???  I think that it was too much bells and whistles for a $70 price to have a prayer of being lasting quality.  I was just in the store earlier, and noticed that they don't have them now, and the peg hook tag for them is gone too.  It would probably be ok for a rimfire, but I don't think that I'd put one on a super accurate rifle or a hard kicker.

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »
No matter what they say or how they look, you just can get any kind of glass for that price.

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »
as always, scopes are get what you pay for

That being said, they are sold by Crosman (airguns).  We have had no returns on the 30 odd ones sold since Christmas.  I took one outside at night and with the illumination turned down to lowest setting it was pretty cool to look around under the artificial light.  But I couldn't see jack out in the field behind the store (I work at Wal-Mart).  The lens coatings/glass quality don't do much for light transmission.

It would seem okay under flashlight, backyard, spotlight, whatever.  Maybe good enough under full moon.

I want one but have higher priorities like buying up bullets and brass to hedge against their rising costs.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »
if your looking for a reasonable priced scope at wal mart you might look at the bsa 4x12 if they still stock them. i got 2 of them a couple years ago and just love them for deer hunting, seems like they were around 80 bucks then.they really work well in low light conditions.

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 05:05:31 PM »
i don't need a scope right now i just saw them and wondered if anyone had one of them.
just future insight thanks for the info.
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE