Author Topic: Just about Turkey time !!  (Read 577 times)

Offline mrsfroghunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • ''Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover !
Just about Turkey time !!
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »
Just about turkey time here in Missouri ! Only this time i plan to get one! LOL Gonna hunt 2 different area's but I think this year will use froghunter's blind ! I took my daughter last youth season and boy wasn't that a sight! Yep per My son and the froghunter were down the lane a callin one for us and we were sittin there and he came up struting and all. I whisper to my daughter do you see that and she said yes I say softly shoot him and she said nothing as frozen as a ice cube and yep watched him strut right on off! I said to her what was wrong ,she said he was pretty lol! So this year I'll say again lord I just want one of those birds and please let me have enough patience to be still my heart to get this as I got my first deer! Lol Next year I'll be in a very differnt environment and probly will not do much there! But Missouri has the turkey's and this is my last shot at one of those birds! Good luck to all that will hunt them.

Mrs. Froghunter ;)
Mrs. Froghunter

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Just about Turkey time !!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »
I can't wait for turkey season either! Here in NH we have to wait until the beginning of May.
Good luck.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:38:51 AM »
I'm ready.......

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 03:03:34 AM »
Don't worry Mrs. Froghunter, there are plenty of turkeys in Delaware if you don't get your bird down there. Don't forget though that you have to take a turkey hunting safety class here before you can legally them though.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline mrsfroghunter

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »
Thanks swamp man ! I'll hunt with my 20ga/Hey I have a call like that lol! I'm hoping!
Markus don't know about that one ,I think Delaware has too many rules and just might have to take the trip back to Fort Leonard-wood to do this! I understand why because it's a small state ,but gee-per! We see flocks of them here! A class on turkey huh ! Never heard that one! ::)I think I just might leave the Delaware hunting up to the froghunter ! I know when we bought a small game lic/there wow what a hurdle that you go threw and you know Fort Bragg,N.C ,Fort Stewart,Ga or here never had a problem. I know My home state Maine has some  harry ones as well. But I've really enjoyed hunting here so much. It surly will be interesting to see how thing's go there! But Thanks for the heads up!

Mrs. Froghunter
Mrs. Froghunter

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:44:32 AM »
mrsfroghunter ,

How many tags do you get in Maine? Here in New Hampshire we only get two, One for spring bearded
and one for fall archery either sex.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline mrsfroghunter

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »
73 the same as your state! Here in Missouri spring turkey you are allowed 2 and then fall turkey 2 .Maine has a lotto draw for them as well. I guess they aren't that plentiful there! My uncle Bud say's there are turkeys in his field all year round! I guess it's all up to you on which way you go! I prefer Missouri to hunt Turkey's in. Fort Stewart,Ga to hunt the hog's in.the deer aren't that big in Fort Stewart buck maybe top's about 260 and does are much smaller. But there you are allowed 2 bucks and 6 does.Hog's are unlimited because they are everywhere! rabbit's well here at Fort leonard wood we went to my husbands home state in delaware and not much luck at all,but it was a place where that our dog's hadn't hunted so that played into it as well. So maybe next year theymay hunt better! But they get 5 to 6 a day here so it just depends!

Mrs. Froghunter
Mrs. Froghunter

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
I used to live in Magnolia Delaware in the early 70's . The Rabbit hunting was fair even with my beagle  the squirrel hunting rocked I got on Deer in 3 years  Really 2 I was over seas for one with a differant type of hunting license. I finally got a place here in VA to hunt turkey so all the calls are coming out  poor Susan LOL I'll get here ear plugs
 Foggy
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:12:10 PM »
Missouri sounds good, I'll have to get down there some day. My mother in law might be moving
to Texas so I might use that as an excuse to hunt down there, too.