Author Topic: S&W 637  (Read 517 times)

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
S&W 637
« on: March 02, 2008, 08:50:34 AM »
I am having trouble getting Smith and Wesson's website to work. Does anyone here own a 637? I am wondering what the dimensions of the gun are. IE: length, height and width. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline Win 73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: S&W 637
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
Barrel length - 1 7/8 inches

Overall length - 6 3/8 inches

Weight - 15 ounces

I have one.  It is my normal carry gun.  I just drop it in my right front pocket.  By the way, it is + P rated.  Due to its light weight, it  has sigificant recoil, but is controllable.
"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace."  Luke 11:21

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 12:57:58 AM »
Thanks Win 73. I am seriously considering one as my primary carry weapon. I appreciate your input. Charlie
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:48:03 AM »
For a carry gun take a look at the 638, same gun BUT with a shroud around the hammer. You can still reach the hammer to cock it if you wish to fire single action but the shroud really helps for pocket carry. I use my 638 mostly for carry and the 637 mostly as a house gun. Dimensions and weights can be considered the same on both.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Bigbuck

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 08:58:58 AM »
I'll second a vote on the 638.  Give you the option of a single action pull if needed / wanted.  I've had my 638 for a fairly short time, but really love it.  It has been my primary carry gun since I picked it up.  It's so light and easy to carry, you barely know it's there. 

Thus far, I've worn it in an IWB holster, carried it in my front pants pocket and carried it in a jacket pocket.

BTW....the Smith's web site gives identical dimensions for each.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »
1 7/8"??  That's all the barrel length is on my Airweight Bodyguard? Dang!  I thought it was at least two inches and here all the time I have been braggin' about being able to hit the 100 yd gong with that snubbie and 200 gn cast slugs.  Man, I'm at least 1/8 of an inch better'n I thought.  Now, wait until I get out that 3" Ladysmith I put away years ago - I'll be back to shootin' metallic silhouette.  I feel good..................... Mikey.