Author Topic: NEF Parder Pump Turkey  (Read 522 times)

Offline wolfboy

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Parder Pump Turkey
« on: February 06, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »
I have a NEF Pardner Pump Turkey gun that I might try to use as a slug gun.  I know I need to put a MOD or IM Cyl or Rifle choke in it.  Has anyone tried using this gun as a slug gun?  how did it perform?  I need a slug gun to shoot 150 yards, but I'm thinkin I'm goin have to buy a fully rifled shotgun...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: NEF Parder Pump Turkey
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 02:38:21 PM »
The best gun for the money for a long range shotgun with slugs is a H&R/NEF Ultra Slug Hunter (USH). Buy one, you will like and never let it go....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 04:29:49 PM »
You are the 1st person to post that you have one.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 01:27:22 AM »
I'm thinking the Pardner Pump will be discontinued with Remington buying NEF.  Remington probably won't like the Chicom competition.  I've heard that 870 barrels will fit with a little tinkering.

I've shot a lot of slugs through full choked guns without a problem.  I wouldn't shoot one through a full choke tube.  Have you considered a rifled choke tube?  I've heard they are very good.

Oddly enough Mossberg makes Remington 870 slug barrels and they are cheap.  Someone posted on a forum that I visit, that they had installed a Remington 870 barrel on their Pardner Pump.  They wouldn't say what it took to do it.  I'm not even sure that it's safe to do this.

This fellow said he and his brother had put over 5000 rounds each through their Pardner Pumps without a hitch.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~