Author Topic: NEF (Marlin) .410  (Read 699 times)

Offline lefty41

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
NEF (Marlin) .410
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:45:52 AM »
Some time ago I saw what looked like a NEF .410 at a Gander Mountain. The barrel was marked Marlin Model 200, I bought it thinking that it would be the same receiver and I might buy a 28 or 20 GA barrel for it. Called NEF and to find out more about it and was told they were a special run for Kmart stores and they would not fit additional barrels to that frame. What makes it different from a regular SB1 frame?
Jerry Miller (lefty41)
"In God we trust"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: NEF (Marlin) .410
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:37:12 AM »
as I understand it only the name on the receiver is different, you can fit shotgun barrels to it yourself but evidently H&R/NEF will not do it officially....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lefty41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:06:14 AM »
as I understand it only the name on the receiver is different, you can fit shotgun barrels to it yourself but evidently H&R/NEF will not do it officially....<><....:)
Thanks, I have a 50 cal ML barrel that was fitted to another receiver and it seems to lock up well. I was hesitating on trying it but maybe it is okay. Serial # starts with KN to tell it from the regular receivers.
Jerry Miller (lefty41)
"In God we trust"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:15:47 AM »
If it fits go for it buddy, It will be fine with no problems, especially with a ML barrel. All the pressure is held in by the screw in breechplug that holds the primer. There is virtually no pressure on the frame....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lefty41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:59:05 AM »
MSP Ret,
Thank you very much for your help, when I get a chance to load her up and touch one off I will post some results.
Jerry Miller (lefty41)
"In God we trust"

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »
I have the same shotgun in 12 gauge.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:21:17 PM »
Thanks, I have a 50 cal ML barrel that was fitted to another receiver and it seems to lock up well. I was hesitating on trying it but maybe it is okay. Serial # starts with KN to tell it from the regular receivers.

Yep, same thing as NEF and H&R SB1 receivers. The K in the serial # probably stands for K-Mart exclusive, the N in the serial # would be 1999 year of manufacture. I remember seeing those in 1999-2000 time frame, and they were a K-Mart exclusive. It is too bad they wont fit barrels to them for you guys. It is not like Marlin was out of the H&R/NEF mix or something, they owned them for cryin-out-loud.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member