Author Topic: GET OUT THA HAMMER AGAIN  (Read 671 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
GET OUT THA HAMMER AGAIN
« on: February 13, 2005, 01:22:33 AM »
OK, boys extreme ignorance is admitted or at least a bit of confusion.
Define the difference between an upper and lower when talking AR type rifles, also, any thoughts on the process of choosing both would be good.
I will not add any explanation as to the confused state of my thinking as I am really not sure I am confused, I am thinking this is just a little more technical than I have any knowledge of.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Ramrod

• Trade Count: (0)
GET OUT THA HAMMER AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 04:45:33 PM »
An upper and a lower are just the two halves of the receiver. Simple, right? Now forget about all that stuff, and buy a Real AR as in COLT. Everything else is just a copy!
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
GET OUT THA HAMMER AGAIN
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 04:22:57 PM »
Quote from: Ramrod
An upper and a lower are just the two halves of the receiver. Simple, right? Now forget about all that stuff, and buy a Real AR as in COLT. Everything else is just a copy!

i dont know where you got the notion that colts are superior to any other ar-15.   i dont think they have anything except the name "colt".  matter of fact,  i would take a bushmaster or olympic arms over a colt without even having to think about it.    kind of like asking me to pick between a kimber and a colt 1911.

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
GET OUT THA HAMMER AGAIN
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 03:42:44 PM »
Quote from: Ramrod

colt is a copy as well the first to make a m-16 (AR-15) was armalight

they where a aerospace company in the 1960's and for what ever reason decided to use the technology used in the making of high tech airplanes to make a new mil. rifle. colt won a goverment contract ot produce the m-16