Author Topic: Shot Show  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
Re: Shot Show
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »
Well I forgot to tell you that the guy from H&R apologized for the mistake that the magnums got into the 2008 catalog.
Yes the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The Gerber knife I got says "Made in USA" and Buck knife say it is made in China. Yes that SS slug gun looks much like the 45-70 in stain less.

That 12g slug gun has a wood stock and is feather light a real beauty for a slugster in the woods. I be able to get two extra deer tags for the city belt areas. The rifling really looks good too. There is an awful lot of loaded slug ammo available. With a 2-3" accuracy at 100 it will do quite the job any any game you shoot at.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »
If you can find a Gerber made in the USA then buy all of them you can. The Bucks that are upwards of $20 are made here still but the cheap ones aren't. Its hard to find a good Knife now days. The new rifling is suppose to be rounded and not sharp on the edges if I remember right.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 09:14:21 AM »
 Well ,

Didnt have much use for the new handi-mags ... I do feel for you all that were counting on them though.

Was mostly chiming in to let Fred know Wilson barrels are the barrels Wilson combat uses in thier guns ,To my knowledge they are well built barrel and highly thought of by guys i know in the AR-15 arena

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »
I can't buy into the idea of all the calibers receive a 1-8" twist no matter how well the barrels are made. I is just another quality short cut. But for hunting rifles on the cheap they get away with, because most people don't know one twist from another.

IMHO it is an incredible imposition to present to the hunting public.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
Traditions has another one in 45-70, twist rate? You guessed it, 1:8"!! ::)

Tim

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=CR10
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »

Tim

WHAT? That's just stupid. You can get an Encore for that price or a CVA with 2 barrels!!! Is there any chance that there could be a mistake on their site? I have owned a few Traditions ML's and they have all been JUNK and their CS sucks. I trashed one of them and sold the others for 25% of what I paid for them.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 05:38:26 AM »

Tim

I'm thinking that the 1:8 might be a blanket typo, was typed in for one barrel like a .223 maybe, and defaulted into all the twist rate slots. If not, they are out of their minds, the prices already tell me that.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 08:25:59 AM »
Tim - That ought to stabilize those 700 bullets just fine. ;D
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 08:32:50 AM »
That's true!! ;D But Ranger Rick says his brother shoots the 720gr in his H&R with no problems, but a 1:8" would probably over stabilize(if there is such a thing!) any larger bullet in a 45-70 or a .444!

Tim

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2008, 08:35:17 AM »
That bullet will be so concentrated on spinning that fast, it will not have time to think about straying off course ::)
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 08:43:47 AM »
Can any one attend the Shot show or do you need a FFL or what?

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 08:47:50 AM »
I think anyone can, Fred is a Canadian, so I know he doesn't have an FFL.  ;)

Tim

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 06:09:15 AM »
You supposed to have a business to attend the shot show. My company is "Zermel Guns and Repairs"
You need to register your company with the Shot show and they will send you a pass. On site registration is $55. Preregistration is $15. The show is international oriented. Exhibitors are from all over the world. FFL is only for the US patrons.

I have a catalog from Tradition all guns are listed at 1-8" twist don't look like a typo?
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »
You supposed to have a business to attend the shot show. My company is "Zermel Guns and Repairs"
You need to register your company with the Shot show and they will send you a pass. On site registration is $55. Preregistration is $15. The show is international oriented. Exhibitors are from all over the world. FFL is only for the US patrons.

I have a catalog from Tradition all guns are listed at 1-8" twist don't look like a typo?

Hmmmm. Stupid people in Spain can't get it right. I mean how hard is it? ???

Rick