Author Topic: Had to settle (REVISED!)  (Read 714 times)

Offline 1 id dog

• Trade Count: (0)
Had to settle (REVISED!)
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »
  After deciding I wanted to try a big bore and having a bad experience with another brand of single shot, I've decided to try CVA and ordered one. I was hoping to get a Camo Thumbhole SS 45/70. I had to settle for Blk/Blue, at least it's 45/70. I was told that there wasn't going to be any SS 45/70's any time soon. Then was told the suppler only had the standard stocks, and also that the laminates would not be offered, supposedly they were concerned that the TH laminates of their design wouldn't hold up. Well I really hope that she'll be a shooter and keeper. Now I've got to figure out what kind of scope and loads that would make a excellent choice for a old one eyed dog, Do you guy's have any words of wisdom to share. Thanks in Advance!

Well here's part 2 guys. If you'll notice I originally did this post on the 14th valentines day. Well I had carried my Wife out to eat and having dinner. The the new dealer I just started dealing with call's me and say's he's at some buyers show and ask's if I want him to get me anything while he was there. Darling wife say's happy valentine's day to go ahead and order what I wanted. Well I tell him to pick me up an Optima Elite. Knowing I was interested in one all along, He say's He's with the CVA people right now and thought about me. Well We had discussions over a speaker phone about the rifle as listed above. Now almost 2 weeks have past, no rifle, no reasonable answer as to why. I called CVA they have that rifle in stock. UPS is usually next day service for us of of atlanta (we're pretty close by) I called my regular dealer and his supplier has 10 in stock and can normally get his orders in 2 days.  I'm starting to wonder about this dealer, what is your opinon. I have never had to wait this long on a order before.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: Had to settle
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:31:59 AM »

There's nothing wrong with what you got...they are pretty good shooters...so I wouldn't worry too much about it..

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,115587.0.html

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline 1 id dog

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Had to settle
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
  I sure hope it's a shooter. I really was looking forward to getting it in SS with camo t-hole stocks, Those sure do look good! In reading past posts looks like these rifles may do very well themselves