Author Topic: sights/optics for 45/70?  (Read 325 times)

Offline KansasPaul

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
sights/optics for 45/70?
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:48:40 AM »
I'm an official Handi-holic, I've just purchased my 2nd Handi , this one chambered in 45/70.... and I can't wait to start hand loading some cartridges for it... so here's my current hurdle:  My eyes are not what they once were and I am looking for sights that will help in maintaining accuracy.  All of my current rifles have scopes mounted and I REALLY want to have some type of iron sight left on the new 45/70.  What success have other Handi owners had with aftermarket iron sights?  I've searched the Williams web sight and it looks like the only option from them is the FP series - has anyone else tried other sighting systems??

Thanks for the help!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: sights/optics for 45/70?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »
Check out the FAQs and Help sticky, there are some links to previous discussions on sights, one in particular is the Peep and Firesights discussion, another is the long range sigts for BC/Target to give you and idea of more rear sights that are available. The Williams WGRS peep is available from H&R for $18, one of the most economical sights for old eyes. There's also a link to a thread on 45-70 scopes.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline KansasPaul

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: sights/optics for 45/70?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:55:35 AM »
Thank you so much for the wealth of information!   That is precisely why I enjoy this sight - great input and a lot of info! \

Thanks again!