Author Topic: Horror story: bashed my Mueller scope  (Read 711 times)

Offline prairiedog555

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Horror story: bashed my Mueller scope
« on: December 04, 2007, 12:03:27 PM »
Had a bad ice storm here in Kansas, went out to load up and took a fall on the icy steps of my porch. 
I avoided serious injury, hurt like hell, big bruises, but I was carrying my 2x7 multi shot Mueller, which I love, on my Handi rifle.
I really banged it good on the cement, dented the adjustment cap and just gashed the hell out of the front objective bell, as well as the rear.  I swear, I almost cried, would have too if the old lady wasn't around. 

Don't know what the warranty covers, didn't expect it to cover my mistake, but was wondering all week if I could send it in to get fixed?  Didn't expect it for free.

But I figured since I was going out I should see how bad it is.  Checked the rings, (Warne) no problem there and the mount, OK too.  sight picture looked OK.
Shot it, It was off @ 25 yd by 3" high and 4" left.  Adjusted, and it seems to be OK.  Got < 1" group.
Hope it doesn't come loose.  If it does, I will buy another, and watch my step.

So, looks like hell, but takes a licken, and keeps on ticken.  Really love that scope. 

Offline MUELLEROPTICS

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Horror story: bashed my Mueller scope
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:32:29 AM »
There is no doubt the 2-7x32 MultiShot is one tough little scope and it should be because it was designed to handle the magnum loads of a shotgun and 150+gr of powder in muzzle loaders. Matter of fact, we pounded the heck out of one a few weeks ago on a .375 H&H

If you find the scope isn't performing due to the accident, just let us know because repair costs are usually far less than a new scope.

Thanks again for your support!
Mueller Optics

Offline 45north

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Horror story: bashed my Mueller scope
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »
I have a 4x leupold that I drove over with my pickup in gravel, the ocular lens was flattened. I called customer service they made no guarantees over the phone but asked for me to mail it in and they would look at it. I did and they told me they would replace the old one with the same model if I would pay for the return shipping $14.95 with insurance. I did and a NIB 4x came in two weeks later.
  I was impressed
  45north