Author Topic: stocks  (Read 275 times)

Offline b44mag

• Trade Count: (17)
  • A Real Regular
stocks
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:36:17 AM »
 hey guys i want to order just a thumbhole butstock i looked in the faq. it lists the checkerd cinnamin for 66.90 .is the thumbhole the same price the wife is freakin out so i need a price before she spends the cash help thanks
                                                                                         b44mag

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: stocks
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:28:26 AM »
That seems a bit low to me, I thought the Thumbhole buttstocks were around $90 shipped to you, when and if they were in stock and available. Also consider that they do not have checkered Thumbhole stocks so that is the price for a checkered MonteCarlo Laminate buttstock ($66.90).
As an aside and something to consider, I cannot understand why I see smooth uncheckered Thumbhole buttstocks mated up with checkered forearms. Putting the 2 together just looks odd and mis-matched to me. I had a Thumbhole camo buttstock and ordered a smooth forearm for it and it looked much better and matched great. Oh well to each his own. I cannot see why someone would intentionally match a checkered stock with an uncheckered forearm or visa versa. I have never seen a one piece stock or any other 2 piece stock set with checkering one only the forearm or the pistol grip unless they were mismatched or just thrown together from left over parts and the correct parts were not available. I will someday again hopefully own a Thumbhole stock set and both pieces will match, i.e, be smooth and uncheckered...<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: stocks
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 05:36:04 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain