Author Topic: Adding scope mount to Browning BPS?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Adding scope mount to Browning BPS?
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:16:56 PM »
I have a Browning BPS 12 gauge for wingshooting and clays and would like to seasonally have a scope mount on it. Have you had this modification made? What kind of scope mount did you use? Do you have any recommendations for having this done?

Thanks.
Safety first

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Adding scope mount to Browning BPS?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »
On Remington 870s I had the receiver drilled and tapped and a Weaver based fitted. Gave excellent accuracy with slugs and came off easy enough for wing shooting. I guess that would work with the Browning.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Adding scope mount to Browning BPS?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:01:07 AM »
I have a B-Square saddle mount and a 4X Simmons Pro Diamond scope on my BPS which I use almost exclusively for Turkey hunting. It has never failed me, though I think I would like to have the receiver drilled and tapped for a solid base as Graybeard stated. That would have to be a much more stable platform for mounting a scope. One advantage to the saddle though, you can still use the bead as it is visible under the saddle mount, if that should ever be necessary.