Author Topic: Receiver pin ?  (Read 266 times)

Offline hpdrifter

• Trade Count: (0)
Receiver pin ?
« on: February 24, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
I got a question for the crowd here;

I bought a NEF 22 Hornet last year and I didn't notice until I got it home and was shooting it some, that I had an extra pin in the side of me receiver.

It is  located just above and barely in front of the forward trigger guard pin.  It is about 2/3's the size of the hinge pin, at least the button head on it is.  The shank is about .25" and this is a blind pin.  How do I know the shank is ~.25" if it is blind, cause the head doesn't go up agin the reciever.  It sets a little proud.

As soon as I can feel good about spending the $$$ for a new 30-30 bbl, I'm gonna send it to them for a barrel and a lookse why it don't sit down on the receiver.  I don't even know what its for, unless it's a new swivel for the locking lug.

any ideas.  oh, and it was brand new from Gander Mountain.

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Receiver pin ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »
I believe you are referring to the 'cover' for the viewing port used by NRF when fitting the barrel.

Mc

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Receiver pin ?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »
As Mc said, it's a view port for inspecting latch engagement, they'll seat the bling plug properly when you send it in for the acc barrel, be sure to ask for a trigger job for your trouble!! ;D They started the view ports in 2006 for better QC in fitting barrels, there's a link about it in the FAQs, spend some time in there, you'll learn some more stuff, I'm sure. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain