Author Topic: Hunting Information Systems  (Read 1911 times)

Offline alcmaeon

• Trade Count: (0)
Hunting Information Systems
« on: May 19, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Are they worth the price of admission?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Hunting Information Systems
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:32:07 PM »
Well since the site is free sure why not. Now if you want to ask a more definitive question perhaps we can help you more.

Josh runs that site and it's one of the oldest and longest running forum sites on the internet for shooting and hunting info. It was one of about six or eight such I found when I first went online back in late '96 or early '97 and began looking for places with info on shooting and hunting. The forums have about folded since then as they are not where Josh makes his money with that site. As a result he kinda ignored them and they deteriorated by no one stopping the troublemakers who always come to such sites.

They host a large number of shooting, hunting, outdoor related websites, develop websites and have a good database of hunt reports to read. The forums are but a tiny fraction of what was once there and are not much visited. I still look in on them from time to time and the last such visit I paid there shown few of the remaining forums had been posted to in the previous thirty days. I'm still a member there and still think highly of Josh but his forums pretty much are no more. A real shame as it was once right at the top along with other now closed down sites such as Shooters.com and The Coffee Shop. Those were my first hangouts on the internet and I still have fond memories of those early days of internet shooting/hunting forums when there were less than a dozen of them total that could be found.

Many of the sites operating today were started by those of us who were active at those three sites back in the '90s.

Do you have a more specific question to ask?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline alcmaeon

Re: Hunting Information Systems, oops, meant the Hunting Report
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 01:57:56 PM »
DOh, didn't check my cut and paste, I meant the  huntingreport.com but I had been at Hunting Information systems just before that.  My bad.  So let me re-ask this,  is the  Hunting Report worth a subscription?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »
Sorry I know NOTHING about that one.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline diggdug

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 07:16:04 AM »
About 5 years ago I posted a negative review of a Canadian Whitetail hunt that I went on and it was deleated by Joshua Florney I think was his name. I contacted joshua and he would not listen to my side of the story. Even though everything I said was the truth. A couple of years later I posted a positive review of a hunt I went on in Illinois and there were no questions about it. Makes you wonder how much editing and sensorship there is on that site.
Most people say I'm an idiot!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »
I guess that in a way that doesn't surprise me and especially so if they are an advertiser of his. Josh makes his living primarily from the site really. He has pretty much given up on the forums which is a shame as they were once up near the top of the list for best forum site on the internet back in the early days of such sites.

Now he hosts sites and has a lot of guides and outfitters who advertise with him many of whom he also hosts. Josh being who he is I strongly suspect that if he hosts them or they advertise with him he will not jepordize that income by allowing any negatives to be posted about them. It could be he won't allow negatives at all but if that's the case then it really negates the good reviews as well.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125