Author Topic: Where to buy new 45-70? Is it out?  (Read 428 times)

Offline averageshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Where to buy new 45-70? Is it out?
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »
Well after deciding to buy the ultra hunter 45-70 with t hole I went out today to see if any of my local shops could get it.  They all said its not out yet.... Very disappointed >:(.  Is it out, is it not out?  If it isn't out yet I might just have to get one of the other ultra hunters and see about having the barrel put on it?  But will they do that with the 45-70 or do they need a specific receiver for it? 

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Where to buy new 45-70? Is it out?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:28:47 PM »
Last I checked it won't be out until April, possibly later.  45-70 barrels can be fitted to any SB2 frame made since 1987, but it won't be available as an accessory barrel for a while, normally the accessory barrels are only available a while after the production rifles are available, so you're probably looking at May or June for just the barrel. Sign up for email notification at RR, they get H&R firearms regulalry, when they get em, you'll know they're available elsewhere.

Tim

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GSB2T57
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline averageshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 12:32:40 PM »
Thanks Tim I appreciate the info.  Its just frustrating when you finally decide what to buy and its not available  :P

Matt

Also I wanted to add that I think I speak for everyone when I say the time you take to add in all the links you do is so much appreciated I can't even tell you. 

Big thanks

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »
Glad to help, we're just one big happy family!!  ;D

thx,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain