Author Topic: 25/06 reloads / Lee Kit  (Read 525 times)

Offline Nightstalker6117

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
25/06 reloads / Lee Kit
« on: March 03, 2008, 05:23:17 AM »
 ;D  just ordered my Lee reloading kit  (Lee bashers please forgive) with dies, case length gauge, dies for my pistol, 1lb of h4831 and 100 -100gr corelokts. Just had to jump on here and let everryone know ... told my wife and she said ... Oh cool....... I knew it would be more exciting here. Anywho let me know what yall think. ... H4831 i heard is a good powder for the 25 and I have good luck with the factory Rem loads so that is why the Corelokts. Cant wait gonna go home and start reading that way i'll be ready when it gets there.
NEF 25-06 3x9x40 Bushy
Support the men and women that risk their lives for your rights

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: 25/06 reloads / Lee Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:04:07 AM »
I own three Lee Presses, two RCBS, and one Lyman.  The Lee presses see 80% more use than the other ones.  The Lyman is used for pulling bullets.  One of the RCBS is used to for priming.  The other one is lying in a box under the loading bench.  All resizing and bullet seating is done with the Lee presses.  The Lee presses will work with my .338/378 Weatherby cases the RCBS won't.  The Lees seem to work smoother to me.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:24:47 AM »
The Lee dies are great. I've used them since the 70's (Lee Loader back then).

You forgot one thing.........a good reloading manual.
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline Nightstalker6117

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:45:11 AM »
picking that up today ....  Lyman I think I heard that is the best one for starters and also going to get the Hogdgon one also...
NEF 25-06 3x9x40 Bushy

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline rbergum95

• Contributor
  • Theres no luck in lead unless it's flyin'.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:55:43 PM »
there is nothing wrong with lee equipment. i use a lee press for 90% of all my reloading. i load 23 different calibers on a lee challenger press. i have a dillon 550b for my pistol loads. i only use lee dies and havent has any problems at all. look at it this way, you are using top notch equipment without having to pay the 100% price markup for green paint.

ron

Offline hunterwinco

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 01:58:06 AM »
I think you guys are missing something here-lol  He said "... told my wife and she said ... Oh cool...."  I don't think my wife has EVER said "Oh Cool" when Ive bought anything gun related.  Make sure you hold on to that woman!  My wife just ragged on me cause she saw that I bought a pound of imr3031 for $21.00 and it was on the cc.  Nothing wrong with a lee kit at all, the most important thing is that you are now going to be a reloader! 

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 04:47:42 AM »
Lee stuff works well.

Mc

Offline Nightstalker6117

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 05:27:14 AM »
LOL hunter .... sorry i think i should have explained a little better.  It was more like one of those shrug... OHh ..... cool... Ya know those bitter sweet things. She is glad because now i will quit bugging her and at the same time she really doesn't care except for the fact she knows it makes me happy :)  Heck she should be happy I got that and she got a house LOL. We just moved in so it has been an experience. Stuff breaking all ready.  Oh well my stuff should be here around the 15th so I dont have anything to do till then right except fix everything else.
NEF 25-06 3x9x40 Bushy